Can't run away

Telling my mother over the phone that we got court notice for the custody hearing is awful. My parents have been splitting their time between their own home and here the past few weeks. Usually, they spend the majority of the week at their house and come for the weekend. However, this week they went home for the weekend and were planning on coming back Tuesday. It's been incredible having their support and having them so present. They drive out several hours just to help me out and keep me sane. I won't lie, almost every time that they leave for a few days I consider going with them. Like maybe if I drive a few hours away Hector won't be able to find me and he'll give up. I wish it could be that easy to escape from him. I wish I could just forget about him and move on both physically and mentally. But running isn't exactly an option with this particular situation. And putting of telling my parents wasn't something that I could run from either.

After I finished telling her everything she went quiet for a minute, leaving me staring at the wall and biting my lip. "What does this mean for us?" She finally asks after, no doubt, turning things over in her head. I half expected her to freak out like I did, but I guess we're all dealing with things differently. And Mother has always been quite rational.

"It means one way or another," I tell her "this will be over by next week. Or very nearly over. Whether or not we have damning evidence against him, we're going to court."