Lingering

So, I'm kind of brain dead right now and this is what I've got: enjoy it or not, whatever (*-*)/

Sunlight comes through my window as my eyes flicker open. I frown and roll over. Today is not a day where I want to get out of bed and venture into the world. I want to stay here in my nest of soft, cozy blankets and pillows. My memory of the night before comes to mind and I abandon the idea of trying to stay in bed.

Bed and my cozy little haven are no place for the kind of anger and pain that boils up in me when I think about everything Liam said. I throw my feet over the side of the bed and out of the covers, wincing as the cool morning air hits me. "I'd much rather be in bed than this..." I mumble to myself as I grab a pair of leggings and a loose t-shirt from my closet. I walk into the bathroom and stare at my reflection through blurry eyes. I rub them a few times and blink away the sleepy haze that lingered over them. My hair is falling out of the pony tail I threw it into last night before I collapsed into bed after my emotional chat with mom. I change out of my pajamas and yawn, stretching like a cat with my arms and legs splayed out every which way. I vaguely wonder if Cailyn is awake yet and what time it is, I want to be ready for the day by the time Tessie is dropped off, but my mind continues to snap back to the words passed between Liam and I. I keep hearing him tell me that it was my fault, my fault for all of it. 

It's hard...hearing a voice I've known for so long yell at me. It's hard to see his face, one I could draw from memory if I had any talent for it, contorted in pain and anger. I rest my hands on the bathroom counter and take deep breathes. Just as my mother predicted, it's hanging over me and I can't seem to stop the words from ringing in my thoughts. I make myself exit the bathroom and move into the kitchen and make myself busy, too busy to think or consider things from last night. Mom said that if things didn't get any better she'd come back up to visit. I don't want it to come to that. I have to make sure it doesn't...