Morning Rush

"Mommy!! Wake up, cmon!" I feel a hand tugging on my arm and a leg swinging over my body.

"Wha-?" I mumble sleepily. I turn my head towards whichever of my girls is climbing all over me. I can't latch onto her voice completely, unable to tell which she is yet. I struggle to keep my eyes open, closing them sounds so heavenly and my bed is feeling sinfully cozy. "What time is it?" I ask, blinking blearily at Tessie who is laying on my back-slash-butt. 

"You gotta get up 'cause it's late! And you've gotta take everybody to kindergarten or else they are gonna be late!" She tugs at my arm again. "Cmon, Cailyn's already getting her shoes on you've gotta hurry."

"Wait, what about breakfast?" I twist my body so she rolls over onto the bed next to me before I turn over and sit up completely. I yawn and swing my legs over the side of the bed, grabbing my phone from the bedside table and turning it on. "Oh my gosh, why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I turn to Tessie who just shrugs and smiles at me. "Never mind that, what did you girls do all this time? Did you eat breakfast? Ugh, I've got to hurry to get dressed and get Cailyn in the car if she's going to make it on time." I hurry around the room, grabbing shoes and clothes from my closet. "Wait, I have more than just Cailyn to get ready too!! Oh..." I yank a t-shirt over my head, trying to puzzle out how I could have overslept.

Someway or another I'm always woken up by the girls, they're never able to keep quiet enough or occupy themselves without getting bored or needing help or asking permission for something. "Did you even eat, poor things?" 

Tessie shushes me just as I'm about to ask how long the girls have been up by themselves. "Uncle Harry made breakfast and we played with Uncle Louis and baby Darcy while you were sleeping. But no one knows what time they're supposed to be there or where it is, so they sent me in to wake you up!" She throws her arms up in the air triumphantly.

"Did they come over this morning?" I ask, mid-way through putting on some pants. "And what about all of Cailyn's friends? I was going to make a special breakfast." I groan. Of all the days that I sleep in, it'd have to be the day that I'm in charge of getting three (or was it five?) girls to kindergarten on time and fixing them breakfast and taking care of them. I'd hate to have the news of my oversleeping get back to their mothers.

"Uncle Harry called on the home phone saying they were coming over."

"You two know you're not supposed to pick up the phone unless I'm with you," I frown at her. "I'm not mad at you, but I don't want you getting into a habit of answering when I'm not there and talking to strangers."

"No, we didn't pick it up until the answering machine was talking to him. So we knew who it was first. I'm sorry if it was bad." She hops off the bed to come over and hug my legs and look up at me sadly.

"That's okay, so long as you knew it was Uncle Harry I guess. That's a good way to handle phone calls, why didn't I think of that?" I smile down at her as I ramble. She giggles and follows me into the bathroom as I brush my teeth and wash my face. 

"Let's go get all those girls ready and into the car. Maybe we can still make it on time." I sigh. If they're all still in their pajamas I doubt I can them all ready in any less than fifteen minutes. I wish I had packed up all of their things they wouldn't need this morning when I'd put them to bed last night. It would have saved time. 

"They're mostly ready, Uncle Harry helped everybody get dressed and Uncle Lou was in charge of tying shoes."

"Was he now? I bet he was good at that." I smile, remembering the many times I saw something on twitter about Louis buying the Doris and Ernest little vans to wear. "So if everyone is nearly ready, am I the one everyone is waiting on?"

"Yup!" She cheers, dancing around the bed to where I'm pulling on my tennis shoes. "Except for me an Uncle Lou and Uncle Harry and baby Darcy. We're all gonna stay here and start watching a movie while you're gone taking them to kindergarten." She smiles proudly.

"Oh are you now?" I cup her cheek and smile. "Were you going to ask me if I wanted to watch the movie to? Or were you going to just leave me to come home and feel left out?"

Her smile freezes and she blinks twice before frowning up at me. "I never said you couldn't watch it with us. You just have to take Cailyn and Rebecca and everybody else to kindergarten first. So hurry hurry mommy!" She starts shooing me towards the door as I grab my phone from where I tossed it on the bed.

"I'm going, I'm going!" I reassure her as I hurry out into the hall. We make pretty good time, we pull into the kindergarten's parking lot only two minutes late. It was a few frantic moments making sure each girl had her overnight bag and that her toothbrush and her toys were in it. Then I had the task of buckling them all into their respective seats and making the very controversial music choice for the car ride. It was Up All Night and none of the girls seemed to like it. Cailyn was particularly harsh, but I don't blame her since I play it often enough for her to be sick of it. The other girls, however, have no excuses.

FILLER IG