Wanting more...

"Whoa! Watch where you're going sweetheart." I call out after a sprinting Theresa as I exit the bedroom. The girls have been playing some form of hide and seek in the house, it's their new favorite game to play. Apparently this version has a lot of running involved. This is the third time I've almost collided with a toddler. It's great to see Tessie get more and more comfortable in our house. At first she was cautious about what she did and touched (although less so if Cailyn was urging her on) but now she seems completely at home. While she still hasn't said a word to me I still can tell that she likes me. If I'm watching a movie with the two of them I'll usually have a girl on each side of me, snuggled up. If I'm talking to her she'll often nod in response or smile or use body language to respond to me, much more than she did at first. And every now and again Cailyn will come over to tell me that "Tessie said to say thank you for lunch mommy" or "Tessie says she liked playing with you" and it's nice to have that sense of... accomplishment. We are moving forward, if even a slight bit. 

I have been wanting to ask when she started speaking to her previous nanny. I had heard it had been a while, but I wasn't sure exactly how long. And despite whether or not it was very important, if it was even selfish of me, I wanted to know how quickly she warmed up to her. I want to be...better I suppose. I want to prove to myself that I am really, once and for all, doing great at this job.

Like I expect it will put me on a separate ground. Separate me just being the girl who is working for the Paynes and being something a little bit...more. Sort of like governess were back in the 1700s-1800s, but less distanced. 

Sorry this is short, my brain is tired and I'm tired...I've watched a lot of debating today and heard "economic equity" wayyyy too many times lol