Hector

"What going on?" I ask dad loudly, trying to make myself heard over mother berating him about cursing in front of her granddaughters. "Who was that?" I motion towards the still closed door. Both mother and I rushed out to see what dad was yelling about. Living with my mother as a wife, he's a pretty chill guy and I've only heard him yell about something two times before this. So whoever is behind those doors really must have done something horrible to him. But why would they come here? If they're some sort of enemy of his why follow him out to my apartment? It makes no sense. I struggle to wiggle my way past my parents to get closer to the door. Dad notices my movement and places himself more firmly between me and the door.

"You don't want to see who it is, believe me hija." His accent gets a little thicker and I see a flush working it's way up his neck into his cheeks.

"Who is it then?" Mother pushes next to me and glares at him. "What has got you ruining the innocence of mi nietas?!"

Dad glances between the two of us with a helpless look on his face. He opens his mouth and looks back to me before closing it. "I don't want to say. Maybe he'll just leave if we keep the door closed."

"He? He who?" Mother asks impatiently. She glares at him as he backs up against the door, shaking his head still refusing to say anything.

"If you're not going to tell us-keep them back there please Liam!" I shout out behind me as I notice a small movement from the corner of my eye. I turn to see Liam nod in agreement and begin pushing the girls and Louis back into the living, shutting the door behind him.

"Let us see who it is if you won't tell us!" Mother smacks Dad's arm lightly as she gets up in his face. He doesn't, however, move from his spot blocking both the door handle and peephole from us.

"Dad, come on." I switch tactics since Mother has the offensive approach covered. "Who is it?"

Dad opens his mouth again and looks at the both of us for the thirtieth time since we rushed into the hall. "It's Hector." He says very quietly, so much so that I almost couldn't hear him.

"What?" I gasp and rush forward, not even bothering to look through the peephole. Whether in surprise or acceptance of what's happening already, dad moves away almost as soon as I start to twist the handle. "It can't be-" I start to say as I pull open the door to reveal the last person that I wanted to see today.

Sure enough there he stands on the welcome mat in front of apartment, scratching his head and glancing up in surprise at the abruptly opened door.

"What are you doing here?" I ask cautiously, trying my best to keep my shock and emotion out of my voice. "I was completely serious about getting a restraining order against you."

"And I believed you, that is why I left after you threatened me about it and went as far as to leave the country." He looks a little peeved at that, which annoys me. He was inconvenienced because he decided to leave the country? My whole mental state has been shaken up ever since he came into my life. He looks fine, similarly to when I last saw him. Short, light brown hair styled in a quiff, with the sides buzzed shorter in a way that's only just noticeable. He's got a jean jacket on and scuffed shoes, his hands slide comfortably into his jean pockets.

"You left the country?" I ask him, not bothering to hide my surprise. I didn't look up after him and make sure he left the city as I had told him too. I was happy enough that he hadn't returned that night when I threatened to get a restraining order and press charges.

"I have a friend who has a cousin in Australia." Hector shrugs and glances past me to give a nod to my parents. "Hi."

"What you were in Australia?!" I lean against Dad who has come to stand next to me and has wrapped an arm around my waist. Does that mean that Sophia really had gotten a lead on Hector when she got onto that flight?