Different views

"Well, you've already guessed, more or less." I frown at him. I've forgotten how unsettling he is. He's sitting there, hands folding in his lap and looking very calm and relaxed. Effortless in his semi-casual wear. "I'm here to tell you what everyone else has, apparently."

"Ah, I presumed as much. Why else would you come here to see me?" he quirks an eyebrow at me. 

"I used to be friends with you Liam, that would be a reason." I sigh and twist one of the rings on my finger. "That's really the reason I'm here. Not because I'm trying to convince you like all the others, well I am, but that isn't the point. The point is-"

"That you all care for me and want me to be healthy again blah-blah-blah. It's all bullshit." he turns his nose up. He unfolds his hands slowly and leans forward to place them on the desk in between us. "you see, you all come in or phone with these claims of love and affection. That it's for the best and in my best interest. Whatever." he shakes his head, obviously annoyed. 

"Don't whatever us, we're serious!" I protest, leaning forward too. "Is this just something that you can't accept because you've been going through so much? Because that would be the stupidest things I've ever heard. The care that you get from your family and friends in times of trouble is the very thing that helps you overcome the hard times. I should know!!" I take a deep breath and push on while I still have the floor to speak. "When they give you help and love when you're fighting to get out of rockbottom, it's one of the best things to heal you. Because it's unconditional. Do you think I would be here, facing you again if I didn't care about you still? After how much you hurt me before? All the worries you've kept me up in the night with? Because I wouldn't be if I didn't want you to be better and happy again!"

"You say that," he rolls his eyes "yet would eradicate this side of me."

"We don't know that will happen," I try to protest "maybe the doctors-"

"No, they won't. Look this whole thing, as I've said, is a waste of time. Please just leave." He turns his chair around, dismissing me. 

SHORT IK SORRY