A promising outlook

"How did was your meeting?" I ask Liam almost immediately after he's set foot inside the apartment. He texted me before he left to let me know that he was on his way back and added that there had been some promising developments. I was excited to hear what might have come up and waited by the door for the past ten minutes. 

"I'll tell you all later, after the girls are to bed. There are some sensitive topics," he explains his reasoning  when I groan at having to wait. "but needless to say things are looking up and it was a very good meeting. I'll explain in detail later when the girls are asleep. I'm pretty sure recounting everything once will be easier anyway." He drops a hand to the small of my back as we walk into the kitchen where I help him find everything he needs for a late dinner.

"Everyone else is in the living room playing monopoly." I tell him. He nods and smiles contentedly as he sticks his plate into the microwave to heat it up. He left to meet with Colin at 11:00 and didn't get back home until 7:30. I rub his back gently as we wait for the microwave to finish. He must be pretty tired. I spent the day with whoever was at home, Louis and my parents passing through sporadically while the girls and I only went out to go the park. Harry's spent the day here with Darcy, holding down the fort. 

Somehow it's always easier to be optimistic during the day. I suppose it's because the sun is out and you have more opportunity to go out and do whatever you want easily. But for some reason, today in particular has left me feeling positive about the situation we're in. Liam texting that he might have some good leads has only improved my already happy mood. I smile and follow Liam out to everyone else, preparing myself for another-um-interesting game of Monopoly. Last time we played Cailyn renamed several of the properties and Louis repeatedly tried to buy income tax. A pillow fight nearly broke out between him and Liam, who was playing banker and got tricked several times into letting Louis buy income tax. We join the already laughing group sitting on the floor. I have fun, but can't shake the anticipation Liam's news have left feeling.