Her last happy morning

I manage to get the girls out of the house without much trouble or noise. I let Tessie run in to say good morning to Liam before we leave and hear him mumble a reply to her. She comes out happy and ready to go to the park. I take their hands and we walk the short trip to the neighborhood park. The breeze is refreshing and the sun is warm and inviting. In other words, perfect weather. When we're within sight of the park the girls break away from me and run towards it, their shoes slapping on the concrete. "Don't get on anything until I'm inside!" I call after them. After breaking an arm on playground equipment as a child, I always want to be watching them when they play. You never know when a quick shout could pull them back from the brink of injury. I take my time as they wait just inside the park's fence. Once I'm inside and standing on the soft mulch of the playground they take off towards the nearest play tower.

I sit down on my favorite bench and pull out my phone, I begin playing the latest Ed Sheeran album and relax in the shade to watch the girls play. They've gotten more and more inventive with their games. They've moved past tag and versions hide and seek, now they act out stories...or adventures. Often playing as a character from a movie or tv show. Their favorites are often Disney princesses or, oddly enough, Star Wars characters. Both girls love the original movies (the only ones they've been allowed to watch so far) and can't stop watching them. I've been humming the Star Wars tune in my sleep for at least a week now. Today it looks like they're acting out some sort of new battle, Princess Leia and R2D2 (Tessie can do a surprisingly good imitation of its beeping and screeching) are fighting an the ghost of the Jabba the Hut, dodging nothing and running from tower to tower to evade his attacks. Prior to having ghosts or invisible villains, I was usually talked into playing whoever they were to fight that day. Always the villain though, never did I play because they needed another a good guy, oh no. However, I did manage to act out a great death each time they defeated me.

I know that this time is limited, Tessie is going to find out the news eventually. And as much as I try to ignore it or hope...I only have a few hours at most to do so. When  we get back to the house Liam will either be up or close to waking up and I'm sure he'll have news. Good or bad news, that's the question. This morning might be the last truly happy day that Tessie has in a while. I feel my eyes well up and quickly brush them away and take in a deep breath. It will be alright, I tell myself. They'll be okay. Even if Sophia is gone. I have to make sure that they will be okay.

Current mood: I hate being a girl >.<

How're youuuu?

Boys won a Brit today YEA BUDDY

Comment & vote <3