Uncle Louis

Three days later

To Liam:

I know you don't want to talk to me. But please consider going into work today, I've set up auditions for a new bodyguard for you. For Tessie's sake. -I

I reread the text, making sure there aren't any typos and it sounds okay. I glance up at Louis, he sits across from me and nods approvingly.

"Send it." he affirms. I exhale and press the send button. A few seconds later a notification let's me know that the text has sent and I can't get it back or erase what I've done. "All done?" he raises an eyebrow and sweeps his fringe out of his face. He sits on the edge of his chair, his feet planted completely on the ground. I suspect that he's leaning so far off of the chair because he doesn't want his feet to dangle over the front. I don't tell him that the computer chair he's sitting in and can be raised and lowered though, since I didn't want him to know I noticed. 

"Yeah, it's sent. Now we just have to wait and see if he takes the bait." I smile at him, so glad to have him here helping me. The last few days I've been high on the drug that is Louis. He's been at my house and Cailyn clings to him and adores him. She's already taken to calling him to Uncle Louis and rushes to great him whenever he comes over. He miraculously managed to grab a flight over the same day I first called him. He didn't get here until sometime the next morning, but I was still shocked by how quickly he arrived. He's the kind of friend you dream of having. He's come up with a brilliant plan and been able to carry it out almost completely by himself. I've helped where I can but mostly I just stand back and let him put his idea into motion. I've noticed that he's so much more when he's standing there, in person, in front of you. His personality is larger, his accent is stronger, his smile is brighter, and his butt is a gift from God. It's been the best and oddest days of my life.

"Do I need to come with you? Assuming he takes the bait, I mean."

"I thought you would. Are you trying to tell me you don't want to come with, love?" He sends a sharp glance my way. His eyes are crinkled at the edges though so I know he doesn't really mean it, with a smile so close to breaking out.

"I just couldn't remember if you had said one way or another." I grin. Somehow he doesn't seem to hate me or anything, in fact he even laughed at something I said the other day. "I need to find something to do with Cailyn then."

"We can leave Antonio with her." he shrugs as if that settles the matter. I glance over to Louis's bodyguard, who's sitting on the couch. He seems unconcerned with the babysitting job Louis is dropping him into, as he continues playing a game on his phone while we talk.

"I wouldn't want to put him out of his way. And," I shoot a look Louis's way. "aren't you supposed to take him everywhere with you?"

"Key word being 'supposed to' Isabella. It's important to note the words the hold the most weight in a sentence." he bounces to his feet and rubs his hands together. "Speaking of the little cub, where is she?" he asks loudly.

A giggle comes from the hall and a scampering of footsteps follows it. Louis rushes after her, grinning ear to ear. Delighted shrieks and laughter pour out of Cailyn's room as he catches up to her. Honestly I'm not sure which one acts older. "You honestly don't mind do you? Because I can find someone else to watch her," I offer Antonio, wanting to make sure that he was okay with what Louis is volunteering him for.

"I don't mind at all, she's a cute little thing. Besides, I know you two will be safe, it's an audition for bodyguards for-" he coughs and backtracks "for heavens sake." He gives me a nod, maybe a little embarrassed and he turns back to his phone. He looks a little out of place in my living room, dressed in all black (how does he do it in this heat?) and looking very huge and muscular compared to both Louis and I.

"Well, so long as you don't mind," I smile at him. "thank you!" Deciding to give Louis and Cailyn time alone since they were so obviously having a good time together, I pull out the book I'm currently rereading. It's Jane Eyre, my favorite classic. I can't exactly put my finger on why I love it so much, maybe it's how simple a life Jane leads and it somehow gets turned into a fairy tale ending. Not to mention there's a bit of a mystery to the story too. The book helps me to keep my mind from worrying whether or not our plan with succeed or be found out, so that when my phone does buzz with a new text, I almost don't notice. Then I'm hurriedly unlocking my phone and stumbling to my feet and down the hall. "Louis! He's replied!" I burst into Cailyn's room, finding them both on the floor with tutus on and tiaras. Louis flushes a little and gently pulls off his tiara.

"Let me see?" I offer my phone to him and let him see the text message on the screen.

From Liam: I'll only go if it will mean you finally and completely break contact with us Mrs.Sandoval. Do I make myself clear?

Louis frowns as he finishes reading it. "Send him back a reply, agreeing. We need him to go to this, no limits." He stares at me and holds my shoulders gently. "Are you fine with that?"

"Yes, I'm alright with it. I knew when he fired me that there was no going back." I type out a quick response and send it off. I smile at Louis in reassurance. "Now, when do we need to leave?"

"Considering we have a bit of a promise from him, I rather think we have somewhere we need to be right now...so as quickly as possible!" he winks and hurries out of the room. I lean down and pull Cailyn into a hug.

"Did you have fun playing with Uncle Louis?" I straighten her tiara and look down at her.

"Yea, he's the best person ever at playing tea parties mommy. You're shite at it." she giggles happily. I, however am most certainly not happy.

"LOUIS WILLIAM TOMLINSON!" I yell, covering Cailyn's mouth and glaring at the direction Louis went. "Did you teach my child to curse?!"

He slowly comes back into view at the doorframe. "I might have let something slip. I'll have you know that if I maybe did, it was very accidental though." He tries his hardest to keep a straight face but bursts out laughing while I'm still glaring at him. "She'll learn it from somewhere. This is actually really funny love, you'll find it funny in literally two months time. Promise!"

"Augh, go! Go get ready and keep your foul mouth away from my daughter." I moan, but I'm hiding a smile. His laughter is infectious. Cailyn is watching both of us, very confused.

"Did I do something wrong Mommy?" she asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

"No mi hija, it was just something-uh-just something. Nothing to worry about." I pat her head and tell her goodbye. I lightly slap Louis on the arm as I pass him to exit and grab everything I need.

"By the way," Louis begins as he follows behind me to my room, where I start pulling out a pair of vans (he smirks at my choice) and looking around for my small cross body. "Mrs. Sandoval? Are you married, because I hadn't realized."

I pause, momentarily forgetting what I'm doing. I hadn't thought twice about showing Louis the text even though Liam had called me that. "No," I shake my head slowly. "I'm not married. It's just a thing Liam does. He thinks it's funny or something."

"Oh, okay." Louis nods, satisfied with that answer. "Hurry up then, we leave in two minutes."

"I'll be ready." I tell him, although I'm suddenly feeling much less excited about things.

I'M KIND OF SORT OF REALLY MAYBE HAPPY WITH THIS. AND IT'S SO LONG WTH ^_^

Vote/comment and I'll dedicate to you :*