What happened to Sophia

I sink down to the floor to get on eye level with Liam. "Sophia? What happened? Is she alright?" I rub his shoulder, getting more and more worried with every second that he's unable to speak. He shakes his head and takes a a deep breath before lifting his head slowly.

"Her flight, it was en route to Sydney and it's gotten lost. It was supposed to have landed several hours ago but no one has seen it." his voice is unsteady and his hands are visibly shaking. I take and hold them in my own, they're larger than mine but freezing cold. I rub them as what he says sinks in. 

It's an awful thought. I've seen it on the news before, a flight goes missing and hundreds of passengers are lost. Their relatives don't know if they're truly dead or anything really. I glance at Liam, wincing in empathy. I can't imagine what he's going through right now. I frown as a thought dawns on me, he's probably in shock. His hands are cold and he's breathing heavily. I pull him to his feet, both of us unsteady, and help him to the couch. I've had my own share of panic attacks or being light-headed and know a few tricks to calming someone down.

"Wait here, let me get you something to drink. Are you hungry at all?" I ask. He manages to shake his head in reply and hurry to grab him a glass of water. Whether he needs something stronger or not, I don't know and I wouldn't have anything anyway. I return to the couch and sit next to him, helping him take slow sips. "Take your time and calm down. I think you're going through shock, as anyone would....shit." I murmur. 

It takes him a few minutes to fully calm down. I lean against his side and rub his arm, which has gradually stopped shaking. I've turned on one of the lamps in the corner of the room and it's lit up the living room with a dull glow. Liam's turned away so a shadow covers his face and I think he may be crying. I don't pry or let on that I've noticed or care. I just wait. I don't know how long it is later, he takes a shaky breath and the story begins to spill out, like once he's started he can't stop.

"She left the house around 6am, she wanted to get there with plenty of time to check in and go through security. Her flight was slightly delayed so she was texting with me while I was getting Tessie up and getting her ready to bring her over. It was about a fourteen hour flight, I fully expected to not speak to her until the next morning or around midnight tonight, when the plane was supposed to land in Sydney. I stayed up, I know I shouldn't have. But I couldn't- I just wanted to make sure she landed safely. So I waited. And I waited, but I never heard anything. So I went online to check that the flight's schedule hadn't changed. Maybe she was still disembarking you know? And at first it wasn't saying anything, there wasn't any information and that made me more worried. But then I refreshed the page...and I kept refreshing it. The story started running after another hour. The flight was three hours late and there hadn't been radio contact for longer than that, around five hours. There was a storm passing and they thought it was just interference. They said they thought the plane would come through it and they'd be able to connect...but they never did.  And when there was still radio silence after it's arrival time, they started getting worried and checking and double checking. But so far, there's been nothing."

Throughout the story I've gotten a sick feeling in my stomach that's grown with each word. One hand clutches Liam's, the other has come up to cover my mouth as it's dropped open. "That's awful...so there are no leads at all? Can't they check on their radar or something?" I sound desperate, there has to be some news though. Some clue to where the plane has gone. It's a huge...the reality of the situation starts to weigh on me.

"I don't know. They say they're doing all they can." he clenches his hands together and turns away a little. "All I keep thinking is that we had a fight right before she left. That night before. And then she left just as I was waking up and I barely remember saying goodbye to her. And this waiting, not being able to do a thing about it. I have all this fame and there is nothing that I can do. I have no power, sitting here. I didn't even think I just came here and called-" he's cut off from his ramble by my doorbell ringing. I jump at the sudden sound. Who could be here at this time of morning? Well, other than Liam? I stand shakily and look through the peephole and find Niall Horan looking back at me with Zayn standing a bit behind him. I stumble back and blink a few times before opening the door to let them in. 

"What's happened? Liam called us both but dinnae tell us a damn thing..." Niall whispers to me, pulling me away from Liam a little as I close the door behind them. I shuffle my feet the carpet and frown. As I fill the two of them in quietly, their expressions slowly fall and become less worried and more saddened. I swear I see Niall's eyes begin to tear up. He breaks away as I finish and walks over to hug Liam. 

"Liam..." he breaks off, choking on the words of whatever he was going to say. Hearing that I start to tear up and nearly have a heart attack when Zayn wraps an arm around my shoulders. There in the dim light Liam clutches onto Niall as they both choke out whispers to each other. I pray the girls are sleeping through whatever noise might reach there room as I let out a few shuddering sobs myself. Zayn rubbing my back soothingly as he wears a heartbreaking look on his face, watching the other two.

LEMME KNOW HOW THIS WAS

I KINDA LIKE IT BUT GIVE ME YOUR HONEST OPINION 

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE *kawaii thumbs up*