Mrs. Smith

A few days later and everything seems to be back to normal. Theresa came back the next day, much less clingy and happier. Which in turn made a lot of things easier. Liam spoke with me again that morning, he didn't give any information about what the fight was about, which I would have felt awkward hearing anyway, but he did say that they figured something out and had resolved the squabble. Since then it's been smooth, happy sailings. 

This morning Sophia has come to drop off Tessie and unlike what she normally does, handing my Tessie's bag and giving her daughter a hug or kiss goodbye, she lingers. I pause as I'm putting Tessie's bag away. "Did you want to come in and visit for a while? I wouldn't mind the company." I offer. 

"Yes, I would actually," she says, walking in over the threshold and closing the door behind her. "I know Liam's mentioned our fight to you and...well I don't know I wanted to talk about it. And not exactly the talk about how not to mention it to the press or how it won't change anything with your job," she pauses "I wanted to talk to you and get your opinion on things. Liam and I both value it and while you do work for us, you've quickly become a friend to both of us."

"I'm flattered, really, and I consider the two of you friends as well. I honestly didn't expect to at first but I couldn't be happier with the outcome." I motion to the couch. "Sit and we'll talk some. Just let me check on the girls first." 

She nods. "Take your time, I don't have to be in to work for another hour or so." She sits down on the couch and slips off her heels.

I make sure the girls have all they need for breakfast set out and then return to the living room. I meant what I said, I couldn't be happier with being friends with both of them. I'm definitely happier with my relationship with Liam but...Sophia has been surprisingly easy to get along with. And I wouldn't mind her stopping in to chat with me more often. Especially when she's not as busy as Liam is.

I got henna done today so this was written semi-one handedly as my other is wrapped up so the henna can dry ;) Hehe how was your day today?