Darcy

"OH MY GOSH!" I squeal like a preteen girl with braces who is just about to hit puberty. "She's the cutest thing I have ever seen," I reach over and grab Louis's daughter from out of his arms, gently though, of course. "You're so precious!" I coo down to her as she giggles and drools a little on my arm as I hold her.

"Any bets on how long it will be until I have time with my daughter again? Marge? I know you're probably up for some friendly wagering," Louis wiggles his eyebrows at my mother as I glare up at him.

"She's one of the cutest thing I've ever seen and I've been waiting ever since you sent me the first picture of her to be able to hold her. I'm certainly privileged to hold her for a little while, it's the least that you can do after torturing me with videos and pictures." I pause for for a dramatic flare. "And sometimes several times a day." 

He backs off, palms out peacefully. "Just friendly bets, nothing meant to offend!" He protests with a grin as he settles in next to Harry, simply picking up Cailyn's friend who is sitting on his legs and setting her on the floor in front of the couch. He then pulls Harry's legs off the couch to give him enough room to sit down. The little girl who is sat on the couch back, her feet dangling over Harry's waist, ruffles Louis's hair which causes him to turn and glower at her. All the while Harry is staring at him with an amazed look on his face.

"How-?" He gasps in confusion as he glances from the girl sat in front of the couch on the floor and Louis, who is now sitting next to him. "You're magic." 

Cailyn giggles and runs back over to the couch to sit with her friend and beckons Rebecca and the other girl down to join them. "What else do you have planned mommy?" Tessie remains on Harry's lap, contented to watch the other girls for the time being. I know she feels a little jealous of Cailyn's new friends, but Cailyn assures her every day when she comes home from kindergarten that she only has one best friend. And that is Tessie.

"I don't know sweetheart, ask Liam please. I'm a little too busy." I don't even bother looking up as Liam starts to explain something about using a scarf as a blindfold for the piñata and pin the tail on the donkey.

"She's simply beautiful." Mother comes to sit next to me and gazes down at Darcy with a huge smile on her face. "It's been so long since I've seen such a cute baby. Since when Cailyn was just a wee thing like this little one." She reaches out to hold a finger above Darcy hand, which shoots out and latches onto it as she gurgles happily. 

I honestly feel tears coming to my eyes again and my cheeks hurt from smiling down at Darcy. "You are going to have the world at your fingertips and anything you ever would want. No one is going to be able to say no to you." I tell her this in a hushed voice, like it's a secret between us. There's no point in denying it, from the way Louis was holding her when he brought her in and the way I've seen them both in videos and pictures with her, they absolutely adore Darcy.

I pray for any boy that ever tries to mess with her. Not only will her fathers try to kill him, no doubt the entire male population of the school she attends would try to, if she asked them. Her eyes glisten in from the lights in the room and as she looks around, trying to see all she can of this new room and all the people in it, I'm struck by how blue her eyes are. It's not something that you immediately notice because her eyes aren't very striking. But when you're studying her face like I am and watching how her mouth moves as she chews on her fingers and how her nose crinkles the tiniest bit when she smiles, you would soon notice how her eyes are so clear and pure in their color. I glance up to study Louis's, they're very similar to his, as I remember him commenting upon. Not identical, but it's very close.

"Wow..."

"I agree." Mother says as she strokes Darcy's cheek. "I want a turn with her later," she announces as she stands up. "I'm going to go help the girls, there's no way that they're pinning the tail on that donkey anytime soon and that simply won't do. We need to move on to another game, one that actually involves a fun prize, like a candy." With that she walks off to the other side of the room where Liam is trying to help one of the girls find the wall that the image of the donkey is on, but she stubbornly keeps trying to walk the wrong way.

I grin, Cailyn is laughing and she and the other girls seem to be egging the blindfolded one on. Maybe they're convincing her that Liam is trying to trick her or something. Either way, Cailyn is enjoying herself. She's happy, everyone I truly love is her in this room, and I've finally met Darcy. I can't imagine this day getting any better.