The beginning of a father-daughter week

As soon as breakfast is over the girls and I leave to take Tessie home. The car ride is fun, we sing along to our favorite Disney mix of songs and the girls have tested calling each other, Tessie on her tablet and Cailyn using my phone. It seems to be working fine, which has reassured me. I can't help feeling like I'm making a mistake. Is this really the right thing to do? Liam most certainly isn't in his right mind...yet he's always been gentle with Tessie. I shake my paranoia off, everything will be fine. Tessie can keep in touch with me now, very easily, and Paddy can check up on her. Well, assuming I can get into contact with him. I take a deep breath and reposition my hands on the steering wheel. "Everything will be fine, everything will be fine," I whisper to myself. I glance back at the girls with the rearview mirror, they're giggling and trying to sing along with the Beauty & The Beast song that's playing right now. They look so happy and so alive, I can't help but smile and start singing along with them. Before I know it we're at the Payne mansion and I'm helping both of them out of their carseats and onto the pavement. "Now Tessie, remember that you can call or write us for anything, okay? I hope you have fun with your daddy this week." I smile down at her, she's bouncing on her heels, obviously excited to get to spend the whole week with a father who has been distant and acting strangely. We walk up the front steps all together. The porch has been decorated with flowers, by the gardeners, I assume. It gives off a false sense of cheer and comfort. I pull Cailyn back from them when I see a bee buzzing around a few of the flower blooms. Jessie pushes open the door and Cailyn and I follow her inside.

"Daddy?" she calls out, her little voice echoing around the house. She looks around hopefully, searching for him. A few seconds later he appears from the kitchen area.

"Ahh, lovely! I see you've followed my instructions." he bends down in front of Tessie. "Hello my daughter. How are you today?"

"I'm, uh, good." she says quietly, growing shy under his gaze.

"Wonderful." he stands up and turns back to me. "I'll give you a paid vacation for at least a week. We'll see about things going longer. I'll contact you or have someone contact you..." he trails off and waves his hand carelessly. "Feel free to leave now."

I sigh, expecting nothing more or friendlier from him. At least he seems to be in a good mood today, and certainly not violent. I nod and push Cailyn towards Tessie so they can say goodbye. "Before I leave, I wonder if you could tell me where Paddy is? I've been trying to get in touch with him for a while now and he's not responding to my calls or texts."

"Paddy? Hmmm...would that be my security guard, hah, who told you all about my medical details and was talking to my parents behind my back? He's no longer employed with me."

"What? For taking care of you-that's why you fired him?" I can't say I'm shocked, exactly. Liam did seem awfully mad that his "secrets" had been revealed to me.

"Yes. I felt I couldn't trust him anymore. I'm not entirely sure that I want a new security guard anyway. Things have calmed down now that I've taken to being less active. Haven't they?"

"I don't think so at all. I think that you'll get mobbed the next time your in a busy area and you'll have no one to help you out of it!" I take a deep breath, the girls are staring at me with wide eyes. "I would advise you to get a new bodyguard. If not for your own safety, at least for Tessie's sake."

He throws a glance her way and shrugs. "I'll think about it. Now, I really will have to insist you set off now. I want to start spending time with my daughter."

I nod and lean down to hug Tessie quickly. Caitlyn and I leave, driving away with the Disney playlist still blasting.

I HOPE THERE AREN'T ANY JESSIES IN THERE. IF THERE ARE, KNOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE TESSIE BUT MY AUTOCORRECT KEEPS CHANGING IT Dx