Playful girls

"Let me know if there's anything we can do to help," I instruct Liam as I walk him to the door the next morning. I met with Colin earlier this week and my parents visited him the day after I did, so there's nothing more we could tell him. I tried to go and research with him like Liam has been doing, but found it was just a little too hard for me. Waiting and looking but ultimately finding nothing the first few days took a toll on me. So I found it easier to distract myself with taking the girls out with dad or mother or just playing with them at home. "I will do whatever I can to spend up this process." I remind him as I press a kiss into his cheek. 

"There's nothing we can do but keep tracking his time in Australia and calling people and trying to turn up something. Maybe you could look online about that restraining order you had, that's really the only thing you could do." He tells me as he grabs my waist and pulls me close to him, pressing a kiss of his own into my forehead and resting his head atop mine. "Have a good day." 

I nod and wave at his back as he walks away. I close the door and head to the girls room to see how they're doing with the task I gave them about twenty minutes ago. I gave them a load of laundry to sort and fold in the hopes that they could do that without getting into their usual mischief. Standing in the doorway of their room I sigh and shake my head at the two girls. I should have known better. Tessie has four shirts on, one over the other, and a bra for a hat. Cailyn is wearing some of Liam's sporty shorts, they're long enough on her to be pants. There are a few shirts and socks folded and laid out in a corner of the room but the rest of the basketful of clothes I gave them are strewn over their beds and floor. Cailyn is in the middle of pulling a skirt over her head when they notice me. A torrent of giggling pours from them as they collapse onto each other. 

"You two," I growl as I stalk towards them, hands outstretched "are the worst at doing laundry. Why did I ever trust you with this important work!!? Stop putting underwear on your head!" I reach out to grab my bra off of Tessie's head before darting my hands down to her sides. Five minutes later we're all a little out of breath from a tickle fight. Liam's shorts have slipped down around Cailyn's feet and Tessie looks like she's sweating a little.

"Monsters, that's what you are." I tell them as I start peeling the shirts off of Tessie. "Now come on and help me fold these clothes the right way."