The red power ranger?

When I return to the room from a ten minute cool down, I find that the table has been cleaned and Louis and Cailyn are loading the dishwasher. Louis steps away, causing Cailyn to almost drop the large, ceramic plate they were loading together. I wince as I watch her around Louis, who has gathered me in a hug. "I honestly didn't mean to push you too hard, love. I thought you were fine. Honestly I did."

"It's okay. I probably should have told you...I'm kinda sensitive. Sometimes, I mean. Other times I'm fine and it's just certain words at certain times that just bring things back to me." I hug him back, grateful for the warmth of his arms. I haven't been hugged (well there's been Tessie and Cailyn of course but they can't envelope me like this) since mother left weeks ago.

He pulls back slightly so he can look at me clearly. "Similar to what you went through before, with your boyfriend?"

"Husband." I whisper. I take a deep breath. I can do this, it's better for me to talk about it. "He was my husband and yes, it's almost exactly it. I don't know if I've always been susceptible to this and depression or if he brought it on, but I've had it since all that went down with them."

"Ever since he left you?" Louis whispers, his face falling in empathy for me.

"Yes. I don't want you to think that I'm suffering, I'm okay. In fact, recently I've been better than I have been." I pull him over to the living room so we can sit on the couch and talk more comfortably. "Liam brought so many things back to the surface and I was sort of forced to deal with things I'd been putting off. I came to terms with a lot of it. I feel stronger, coming out on the other side now. I'm not better, I don't know if I'll ever be completely healed from whatever mental thing this is. But at least I feel like it isn't controlling me now."

"That sucks. All of it." he reaches over to hug me again. Such a simple action, yet it brings tears to my eyes again. This time they're from a sense of happiness and relief though. "I don't want you to tell me anything else tonight though. Save it for a day when you're less emotionally vulnerable. So instead, how about a family movie night?" Caitlyn pokes her head out of the kitchen at that, nodding furiously.

"Come on in then, mi hija. Leave whatever dishes are left on the counter. I'll put them away later." Caitlyn jumps in between Louis and I and makes herself comfortable. I hand Louis the remote for the TV and kiss Cailyn's forehead. "Thank you both for cleaning up the kitchen."

"Do you like Power Rangers Cailyn?" Louis asks as he flips between the movies available and the ones that are showing tonight. Cailyn gives him a confused look and turns to me. By now I've managed to clear my eyes of any remaining tears and I frown at Louis.

"If we're watching something along the lines of an action movie, it's going to be superheroes not Power Rangers!" I protest.

"Superheroes maybe, but nothing girly or with tea parties." he sniffs "I'm too manly for that." Caitlyn laughs at him, no doubt seeing through his sarcasm in her own way. After all he was playing tea party with her earlier today. Myself, I snort in disbelief. He glares at us. "I'll have you two know that I'm very manly. I even go to the gym and have a protein shake afterwards."

"Oh really?" I say dubiously. It's hard to imagine him sweating. Let alone at a gym. "Harry really should stop you that sounds disgusting."

"The protein shake may have been an exaggeration. But I have been to the gym, we even wore matching exercise clothing. It was sickening, if I'm honest" He passes me the remote. "If you're going to shoot down Power Rangers, you better find something. I can't be bothered. I might not even be up for watching a movie anyway. I'm just too disappointed with both of you."

I roll my eyes. He's like a child, an adult child. Yet, he seems to know exactly what to say to make me feel better. "Cailyn, I think you should choose. Since apparently Louis and I have different opinions."

"I wanna watch..." Caitlyn begins looking for what she wants to watch and I smile over at Louis gratefully. He's lightened my mood. I appreciate that he didn't push me in the end. He seems to understand me perfectly. He saved me with this Liam situation and managed to come up with a plan to change things for the better. It's almost like he's a real life superhero.