Argument

Pic on the side of the birthday boy because I can ;)

The next day a tired Liam shows up at our door with an equally tired looking Theresa. "Goodness, what's happened to you two?" I ask them in surprise when I open the door. Theresa, who standing with a gap between her and her father, walks up to me and immediately hugs my legs before stretching her arms up to me. I lift her up and kiss her cheek, a bit puzzled.

"Izzy, you stay with me forever an ever an ever please." she instructs me as she wraps her arms around my neck. I raise an eyebrow at Liam and he just shrugs. I step back and walk into the kitchen, knowing he'll stay if he wants to. I hear the door close as I enter the kitchen and sit Tessie down at the table. Liam comes and leans against the counter as I set the girls breakfast on the table and let them start eating.

"So," I begin, beckoning for him to follow me into the living room. "what's happened? If you want to share, I mean...you don't have to. Obviously." I wince inwardly and hand him a plate of food to snack on as we settle onto the couch. 

"No, no. It's fine. Admittedly, I should probably tell you anyway." he sighs and bites into a strawberry. He chews slowly and leans forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "Me and Soph ended up having an argument last night. Shook us up pretty bad, I slept on the couch and well...Tessie heard us. We said things we didn't mean and one thing led to another. It was quite loud. She was really the only reason the fight stopped. She came out and-" he shakes his head "I never want to see my daughter look so scared of me ever again." 

I frown and rub his shoulder. "I can only imagine. I'm sorry." Pros of being single, I'll have to tell mom. But the fact that Theresa had to see that...poor thing. She's quiet and dislikes fighting usually, she must have hated it. 

"Please, don't think terribly of me. We usually don't fight. Not in front of her. Not a lot in general." he won't look at me and fidgets with his hands.

"No, I wouldn't. I mean, every couple fights. Some things you just can't help." I say. He lifts his head to look at me and smiles a little.

"You're very calm about things aren't you? I already feel better just mentioning what happened and you haven't even done anything." he shakes a finger at me as an idea sparks. "You should be a therapist."

I laugh and shake my head. "Oh no, I don't have the patience for that. I'd definitely make things worse than they already were."

"Trust me, you would be good." he smirks a little and starts munching on some more fruit. 

"Agree to disagree then..." I chuckle. "But I've had my fair share of arguments and they're a part of life. Like mistakes or failure, you just have to move on with things after them. Rebuild whatever bridges were torn down but let the walls that were broken down stay broken. And learn how to make those bridges stronger, made with better support."

"See! This is exactly why you should be a therapist. That makes sense, everything you just said. What did you do before this job? You're good with words when you try to be."

"I was a sort of on and off writer for a paper and occasional did the odd article online." I wave him away. "I always liked words but it wasn't something I could see myself doing in the long run of things. Especially when I need to provide for Cailyn."

"You should pick it up sometime, when you have the time. I think you'd do well writing a book or something."

"Your confidence in me is much appreciated. But," I glance at the clock on the wall "aren't you going to be late to work if you don't get going soon? You've got to be busy. Didn't the just announce that you're going to be the host of that new talent show?"

"Yes, that's correct. And they're keeping me very busy with it. I was lucky to have several days off last week. The show looks ace though, it's supposed to be something big but I'm honestly just there for the fun of it." he says standing up and fixing his shirt. He snatches a handful of fruit and pops one in his mouth as he walks toward the door.

"It does," I agree with him, following him towards the door. "but change of subjects, don't worry to much about it. Children are impressionable but they have good instincts and they forgive easily. Besides, you and Sophia are good together. Anyone can see that." the words feel bitter in my mouth but I mean them. Something I dreamed of being, years ago, and she fills those shoes like I never could. And never will.

"Are we?" he mutters. "Lately I'm not so sure." he rolls his shoulders and winks at me, flashing a slightly genuine smile and pulling me in for a quick hug. "Thanks for the chat, Issa."

"Nahhh, find another one. That one's 'rubbish' as you British people would say." I tease him. He's still not been able to come up with a good nickname. It was always Harry or Louis that was good with the nicknames after all.

"Whatever, I'll find one soon." he grins, this time a real one and walks off as I shut the door behind him.

Yay for a longer update!! WoOT WOoT ... I feel like I'm getting the hang of this sort of. idk. It might still be crap but I liked this chapter. it shows how their relationship is right now.

So do you ship Sophiam? (I personally don't very much but that's because I don't anyone is good enough lol)

Lemme know what you thought of this chapter by commenting or voting, it'd make me sooooo happy. But  until tomorrow (unless you comment, than we can chat) BAI *skips off*