City lights

"Lights go, down and the night is calling to me"

It's after dinner and we're on our way to the mansion. The sun is just setting and you can still see tinges of orange and pink hues over the tops of the hills and city. The streets blur past, the lights of the city illuminated our way. LA is gorgeous at most times of the day as a rule, but I prefer the sunsets the most. Maybe it's the way the sun sets over the water? Either way, if I had to choose one time to be outdoors it would be at twilight. I barely notice the scenery or take in the sunset, I'm too focused on what's to come. The girls have been quiet on the drive to the mansion. They talk in hushed voices and seem to sense that I need them to be quiet right now. Even though I'm determined to get what's been going on out of Liam, I'm still anxious about it. And that's getting all mixed up with how worried I am. He really gave me a scare last night. I honestly think I would be less worried if he had shown up drunk. 

Because coming around drunk or something like that could be classified as a normal response to a spouse's death. Showing up at odd hours of the night and acting insane or mentally unstable isn't normal. And it's very worrying. I notice that I'm gripping the steering wheel tightly and have accelerated past the speed limit in the midst of my dizzy, pondering thoughts that swirl around my head. I exhale deeply and clear my thoughts. I will get to the bottom of what is going on and that's the end of it. I just need to be prepared with what I may find in end...

Short, sorry >.< tomorrow will be a big chapter (I hope/am planning for it to be so yeah).