Birthday girl

I've had this job now for a little over two months. I still enjoy it and the girls still get along as well as ever. Liam and I exchange friendly conversations and I've spoken to Sophia again. Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasant surprise of finding another member of One Direction on my porch to drop Tessie off again. But then that's not necessarily something I would expect, with most of them being in London or Ireland. So, all in all things have been going quite well. Mom came for a visit and even got to see Theresa (well Tessie's here most every day of the week, so it wasn't like she would have had a very large chance of missing her) and thought she was adorable. She did push for me to be a bit more forward with Liam...again. I honestly thought that she would have backed off when I told her whose child I would be nannying. Especially seeing as to how she wasn't overly fond of my obsession with the boys previously. It almost makes it more uncomfortable too, it wouldn't be so bad if it was a normal guy, a normal father. But no, it's Liam Payne. The guy that was the reason I never really dated in high school. College being a completely different topic...  

So. It's been a little over two months. And today is important, it's Tessie's birthday today. The Paynes aren't having her birthday party until tomorrow, which is a Sunday. So it's nice, as Cailyn and I won't be able to spend time with her at the party, that we get to have her with us on her actual birthday.  I went out and got some cupcakes, a balloon or two and Cailyn and I picked out a small present a week ago or so. So although it won't necessarily be a large event, it'll be something nice and between the two of us. I've hid everything in the bedroom and pulled out several of their toys from that room and enlisted Cailyn's help, telling her that Tessie is not allowed to go in there until after the surprise. So we accept her from Liam just like it's any other day. I plan on pulling out the balloons and cupcakes when I call them to lunch, that way they can have the cupcakes sometime after lunch. The morning we spend playing charades and then with Cailyn's stuff-toyed animals. I figure out the lunch plan, letting Tessie choose as it is her birthday, and hurry off to make it. I remind them that neither of them should go into the bedroom. Just in case that Tessie convinces Cailyn that it would be okay. Don't get me wrong, she's a really sweet girl. But she still has her moments, just like any child. I start lunch and now I'm stuck with the dilemma of how I can bring the balloons and cupcakes in to the kitchen without the girls seeing. I finally decide I should distract them with a movie. While they're watching one that I know they find particularly interesting, meaning one that they won't whisper in and dance around the room while "watching" it. And then I sneak into the bedroom and bring out what I need. I plan on putting the present in the living room while Tessie is eating. 

Within twenty minutes I have things set up and the lunch is prepared and on the table. I walk into the living room, smiling. "Girls, it's lunchtime. Come eat and you can finish the movie this afternoon before your naps." I usher them into the kitchen after pausing the movie and watch as Tessie's facial expression changes from a casual one to a happily excited one. She turns to whisper to Cailyn, but I speak before she can. "Yes, these are for you Tessie." I pull her into a hug. "We've loved having you come over with us and you're such a good friend, we wanted to do something special for your birthday. Do you like them?" I proceed to lead her to her seat and show her the different cupcakes and balloons. She's grinning the whole time and even pulls me in for another hug as I begin to step away. I wait until they start eating to sneak off and place her present in the living. Then I return to join them for lunch and then serve the cupcakes when they promise that they aren't too full for dessert. 

When the girls return to the living room Cailyn notices the present immediately and turns around to grin at me. I wink at her as we wait for Tessie to see it. And when she does her whole face lights up. She turns to glance between Cailyn and I, grinning brightly. I motion for her to open it, sitting down on the couch. Cailyn sits down as close as possible to watch while Tessie opens and lets out a squeal when she sees what it is. That squeal is the loudest sound that I've heard from her and it makes me perfectly satisfied that I made the right choice in her present. Cailyn has these stuff-toyed animals that are fluffy and adorable, Tessie loves them. In fact several of them have mysterious returned home with her on several occasions. So, after seeing her and Cailyn whisper over how much they liked one of the newest ones, we got it for her. She brings the box over to me, so I can remove the toy from the packaging and plastic. When I hand the toy back to her she cuddles it and rubs her face thoroughly in its fur. 

Then she looks up at me with her eyes wide and the cutest expression on her face. "Tank you!!" she says quietly, before giving me another hug. I almost don't return the squeeze, I'm so stunned. She talked to me, for the first time. The girls walk off to play with Tessie's new toy, not seeming to think that her talking to me was odd or much of a big deal. But to me, it's something humongous. 

So this one was a bit longer, yay!! WOOOHOO for me ;) If you enjoyed this chapter or want to give me feedback (which I would love) leave a comment or a vote!