Liam's good news

"What we found isn't any real proof, but we found out another place Hector stayed while in Australia." Liam starts off as the rest of us settle down around him. We've cleaned up the kitchen (turned out not to be as bad as I dreaded it to be, Liam helped me) and the board and all the pieces from our game. "He moved on from Sydney down to Melbourne. There we found he stayed for a year and half. For the most part there weren't any leads. He stayed in several houses that were being rented out and we called several of their owners. They reported that occasionally there would be something he broke, but nothing unusual or suspicious. It wasn't until he moved to his third and last home in Melbourne that we really found anything. One might say that this owner was a little more paranoid or it could be that she had good sense of judgment. She told us that from the beginning she felt confused by Hector and on edge around him. She thought she smelled some sort of recreational drug several times when she checked up on him. Although his neighbors never complained or mentioned things to her, she could tell they weren't  fond of him and he wasn't invited to any of the neighborhood parties."

"What is your lead here Liam?" Louis asks, looking crossly over at Liam from where he's sat with Harry, the taller lad curled into his side. "Just that one of his landlords distrusted him?"

"No, it's what followed. We found out about this woman being suspicious of him a few days ago. It wasn't until this morning that her daughter came forward and said that on several of her many errands to bring supplies on Hector she felt mistreated. She said that she had a couple drinks with him on several occasions and while nothing sexual or violent ever happened between them, afterwards he threatened to get her into trouble with her mother for drinking with him."

"That's something that could support my case that he manipulated me emotionally, right?" I ask. I won't lie, I had hoped that Liam had some amazing breakthrough that would help me win this case easily and quickly. But far be it from me to disregard this, compared to the days with no leads and little hope of strong proof against Hector, this is wonderful. 

"That's not all, Hector later moved on to another, smaller city and there we have three witnesses already who can place him at two bars causing disturbances and threatening patrons and waitresses. They say he was very drunk and kept mistaking dark-colored girls as someone called 'Isabel'." Gasps are heard all around the room. 

"What!" I cry out. I reach over and latch onto his arm and starting to tearup a little. "That's wonderful news! That's amazing support to my case." I hug as much of him as I can reach from leaning over the arm of the chair I'm sitting in. 

"This is wonderful news!" Mother proclaims, tear tracks already visibly running down her cheeks.

"That's what we thought," Liam says, smiling so big his eyes are barely visible.