Convince me

I hold my breath, waiting for a response from either of them. Harry weaves his fingers together and glances at Louis. I don't have to wait long on his opinion. "Bullshit." The word breaks the silence and leaves me blinking in surprise.

Louis crosses his arms at me. "I call bullshit. So give us another answer, the real one."

"No, seriously, that's what I feel." I take a shaky breath, "That's what I believe that I think." I wiggle my hands underneath my thighs. I jump back as Louis slams his hands down on the coffee table.

"No, I'm not accepting that answer. I don't believe it, like you seriously expect me to? You should have come up with something better...you could have." He frowns at me, hands still planted firmly on the table. "I was beginning to ship you two, don't you dare try to pretend nothing is happening and that you don't want anything to happen." With that he snuggles back into Harry side, unhooking one hand from the other and the draping it around his own shoulder. 

"I can't believe you actually know what shipping is, I mean," I smirk "you're so old. What are you, 28?" I throw out the dig without much thought. I feel defensive for no real reason. That is how I feel about Liam...isn't it?

"Stop stalling!!" Louis screeches and pulls Harry closer around him. 

"We do actually understand shipping." Harry comments, much to my relief. "We learned what it was from the fans shipping us," he motions to Louis and himself "so fervently." 

"Stop giving her what she wants," growls Louis. He fixes me with a look. "Tell us what you're really feeling. I can't have just anyone wanting to hook up with my best friend. Well, one of them, anyway." He backtracks after a playfully hurt look from his husband. 

"But, no, I really feel like that!" I protest. How can I convince them that I'm being honest. Or at least as honest as I can be, considering I'm still confused myself. A little confused.  Possibly confused. I rub my arm anxiously, turning away from Louis's gaze.

"You don't sound sure that it's what you feel about him." Louis points out. 

"Um-"

"Harold, so help me." Louis pokes Harry's arm. "Does she sound sure to you?"

"No, she doesn't." Harry mouthes an apology towards me. "I just wanted to point out that maybe she sounds unsure because she's not certain what she does feel towards Liam."

"Yes! That's it exactly!" I lean forward and nod eagerly. "Look, I know he's not ready. Or I don't think he is, I'm not sure how I feel about him and how much I feel for him. I don't think I'm ready to be in a relationship either, but even that I'm uncertain about." I smile hesitantly. "I know how Liam is right now and you have to know I'd never intentionally hurt him." I watch the two of them carefully. Harry is nodding along with me and glancing at Louis pointedly. 

The latter folds his arms again and smirks a little. "I believe you that time. Much more convincing, thank you Izzy." He then wriggles out from under and around Harry to-literally-skip out of the room. I turn and share a giggle with Harry, shaking my head at how weird Louis is. Well, we're all weird aren't we. There's nothing normal about this situation.

SORRY

IT'S BEEN SO LONG 

IT'S BEEN SO LONG