A fighter

Mother had planned on only staying for about a week. Given the recent events she's extended her stay so that each morning I can head off to the hospital and spend most of my day there drinking crappy coffee and rummaging for snacks in vending machines while I wait with Liam. Our lives have fallen into this pattern as a few days pass and Liam's condition remains the same, much to his doctor's bewilderment. They were sure that he would wake up within a day or two. They say it shouldn't be damaging for him to stay in this comatose state for a few more days, but after that they will begin to get genuinely worried as to why he's not waking up. So I go to the hospital and I chat when one doctor or another comes in and I sit. I bring my laptop or a book with me. Meanwhile mother has been taking the girls all around time and swimming and reading books to them, keeping them quite occupied.

I didn't really know what to tell Tessie and I was unsure whether or not I should bring her to the hospital. In the end I asked Karen during one of our daily phone calls where I give her any new news about Liam's condition. She agreed with me in that she didn't think that I should take Tessie to see him, at least not yet because why scare her like that? It scares me to see Liam to helpless and pallid, I can't imagine how it would be like to see your father sick and unmoving. Karen herself asked to speak with Tessie so that she could explain why Izzy was leaving her so often to go visit her father. She then instructed Tessie that she could ask any other questions to me and that I would answer them. Karen later told me that she felt it was best that we kept the details vague and simply told Tessie that Liam was ill.

I try to make up for how long I'm gone in the morning by cuddling with my girls each night for our now routine movie or TV show. Then I'll put them to bed and read them bedtime stories before I kiss them goodnight. I spend a few minutes chatting alone with mother and then we'll both head to bed to do it again the next morning. After only three days of this we've all adjusted and gotten used to it. While at the rehab center, waiting for hours at a time and getting bored quite often, I begin to pick up some of the material that they keep at the lobby area and all around the building. There are all sorts of pamphlets about things that they treat at this center and tips for dealing with family members or friends who are going through rehabilitation and withdrawals and such. It was really quite informative and, of course, I've read things online, but there were some new points that I hadn't heard of before now. Having all this time alone to read or work online or just to think has been refreshing. You wouldn't think that, with Liam laying there beside me and all the worries that I had...but there's something inside of me that just knows that any day now he's going to wake up.

How do I know that? Simple...Liam James Payne isn't one of those people who will just give up so easily, no. He's a fighter. He's been fighting since he first drew breath as a new born baby boy. He fought against the bullies when he was young, going so far as to learn boxing to defend himself and stand up against them. He fought for his dreams until he achieved them by going onto X Factor not once, but twice. When he didn't make the cut both times that didn't stop them. The first time just made him come back for more and the second time he was cut? He took the second-er-third chance that he was given. He accepted the other boys they stuck with him despite the fact that he had wanted to be a soloist. He worked with those boys and made enough memories and inspiration to last a lifetime. Even after they split up, by mutual decisions, he kept doing what he loved by writing for other artists and marrying Sophia. He hasn't let happiness escape him just because of a few incredible obstacles. So I'm not nearly as worried anymore, because Liam is a fighter and he can fight through this and come out on top.

Remember When ↠ l.p.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें