Chapter 139

Chapter 139

The next month follows it's now October, Alana is in her last stages and is feeling it. She is tired and run down, it's a been a long nine months. She knows it can happen at any time now and is just wondering how she is going to swing this with Thomas, not knowing what is going on. Its been a stressful few months, with everything she has been dealing with.

Thomas has been coming home and gone back to before, eating dinner as a family and trying to make this work. Both of them doing their best to set the past free. Alana knows that Thomas was hurting from all this, it makes her upset at times. She didn't really mean for this to happen or to hurt anyone. It just seemed that by her actions, a lot of people could get hurt, and some did.

She is excited about that baby being born, and at the same time a bit sad. She wishes she could tell Luke, and share it with him, wanting him to be here with her. She just knows that's not happening. She was lucky to have Thomas there with her, and to be able to give this child a regular stable life. Its all she wanted most at this moment.

Thomas knows that the time is cutting close, he just wonders how she is going to do this? Being two months ahead in the pregnancy. He tries his best to not think about Luke and her true feelings towards him. It just makes him upset and knowing this child was his, made it worse. What would this child look like? Thomas often wonders that will it look like him and be a constant reminder?

He knew that would make Alana happy, having him there with her in a way. Would she treat it differently than their son? So many things go through his mind at times, it drives him crazy.

He goes to work and tries to do what needs to be done, putting a lot of time into it. It was his way out of his thoughts, and feelings, it has been his whole life. He knew back then it was a problem but right now it was helpful in many ways.

Alana does the same going to the vet office and taking a seat in her office chair working on her files, as she does she gets strong pains in her stomach and a gush of water hits the floor.

"Oh god, my water just broke," Alana says.

"Shit, girl you need to get to the hospital," Judy says.

"I know, I will drive myself and call Thomas." Alana answers.

"What are you going to tell him? I mean you are very early." Judy says. "Are you sure you want to go alone? I can close the vet." Judy adds.

"I am fine, you stay here. I will ask my doctor what she wants to say, she is already in on it." Alana replies getting up from her chair.

"Ok, Call me, I will stop by the hospital as soon as I close the vet. Be careful." Judy says.

"I will be, and thank you," Alana responds.

Alana gets to the car, getting in and driving off to the hospital, waiting to call Thomas to see what the doctor says first.

"Dr. Lee my water broke and I am on the way to the hospital," Alana says.

"Ok, I will meet you there. Just hang in there." Dr. Lee states.

"What do I tell Thomas?" Alana asks.

"We will say because your older with this child, and under some stress, your pressure went up and caused you to go into labor early." Dr. Lee confirms.

"Ok, I will call him now then. Thank you so much for everything, you're saving my marriage." Alana replies.

"What you did, isn't any of my business, and I am not a homewrecker. People make mistakes, I have to say this is a big one, and if he ever finds out, it's not going to be pretty." Dr. Lee responds.

"Not of this has been easy, I know it won't be and I am hoping it never comes out. I want this child to have a real-life, a normal one. I don't want it to pay for my mistake." Alana answers.

"Then may God be with you. We can't worry about any of that now anyway. I want you to keep calm and let's have this little girl. I will talk to you in a few." Dr. Lee comments.

"Ok, and thank you again." Alana answers.

Alana gets off the phone feeling a lot better knowing the doctor had a plan, it was now time to call Thomas.

"Hey, what's wrong? You never call me this early at work." Thomas says.

"I am in labor and on my way to the hospital." Alana answers.

"Oh, Ok, I will be on my way. Are you ok? Isn't it a bit early?" Thomas asks knowing she isn't.

"I am ok, my water broke, I am not sure what is going on. I will meet you at the hospital." Alana says.

"OK, I will be there in a few," Thomas replies.

Thomas gets off the phone knowing now more than ever this wasn't his child. There was no way it could be, any hope that Mr. Duggan was wrong, was now over. This was for sure Luke's child. That bastard won in the end, its all Thomas could think of.

He gets in the car and heads to the hospital, knowing right here, and now its time to let go, if he didn't the resentment was going to eat away at him. He was going to go have his baby girl, a child he would raise, a child that would no one else but him as daddy. It was time to push pride away, and be a man he said he would be all these months.