Chapter 119

Chapter 119

Thomas heads home after a few hours and a few beers. He knows he has to act like nothing took place today, that everything is fine. He was getting tired of the act he was portraying.

He gets home to Alana in the kitchen cooking dinner and their son sitting on the sofa watching tv. Things were normal and nice, just the way he wanted them to be.

Thomas walks into the kitchen going up to Alana and kissing her neck.

"Welcome home." Alana says.

"Thank you. how was your day?" Thomas asks.

"It was ok, I can't seem to find my phone though. Have you seen it?" Alana asks.

"No, I haven't. It was a time for an upgrade anyway, maybe we should get you a new one?" Thomas says.

"I guess. How was your day? You smell like beer did you go out with some guys from work?" Alana comments.

"My day was ok. I went to see my dad this afternoon and we had a few beers." Thomas admits.

"Oh, I didn't know you went to see him during the day." Alana answers.

"I normally don't but I just felt I wanted to spend some time with him. He is alone most of the time now since my mother is always at my sisters." Thomas states.

"Ok, thats nice. I hope your mother isn't planning on doing this when this child is born." Alana says.

"She knows you wouldn't like that, I am sure you will be fine." Thomas comments.

"Good. Dinner is almost ready." Alana remarks.

"Did you make an appointment for the ultrasound yet?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, Its next week. Why? Alana says.

"I would like to come with you." Thomas states.

"That's new. You didn't go with Tommy, you said you had to work." Alana replies.

"I want to do things differently this time. I want to be there for it all." Thomas responds.

"Ok, Its Wednesday." Alana.

"I will take off and go with you, maybe we can even do lunch and make a day out of it," Thomas suggests.

"That would be nice, I will see if I can get off. I was just going to take off a few hours and head back." Alana states.

"You need the rest anyway, it will be good for you," Thomas replies.

"Yes."

Alana knew she couldn't say he couldn't go, it would look bad. So she acted as if nothing was a problem. She just knows how she needs to talk to the doctor before she and Thomas get there. She doesn't want Thomas to know just how far along she is. This was being a bigger pain that she wanted it to be. She just shuts up and pretends everything is great.

Thomas does the same, seeing Alana didn't flicker an eyelash about him going. It makes him wonder if maybe he is thinking the wrong thing? At this point, he doesn't even know what to think. He wanted all this to just go away and things to go back to what they were.

He just sits at the dinner table wondering about today and if Luke was going to stay away or be a pain in the ass. If he came back everything Thomas has done was for nothing and if this child really wasn't his, he had nothing. It was over. Thomas eats very little for dinner and then heads up to the bed, needing to rest and to get away from it all. He sees Alana come to bed, with him. How things have changed, just why did it take this to make it that way?

No more phone, no more running after Luke, she was lying in bed next to him sleeping.

Thomas lies awake all night, not able to sleep, so many thoughts running through his mind, making him crazy. What was Wednesday going to reveal if anything? If he didn't get the answers the PI would. Did he really want to know? Not really. It would only hurt him, and another thing to keep to himself. How much more could he handle before he broke?