Chapter 73

Chapter 73

Alana and Luke fall asleep wrapped in each other's arms, their bodies close to another. Neither of them checks their phones or even remember they have another life besides each other at the moment.

Thomas lays in his own hotel bed, just thinking about his marriage. How in the last year things have changed drastically from before. He lays there and honestly misses the past, how Alana use to be towards him. He wonders if she ever will return to that, or if he has lost that forever? So many Valentine's before this, he never even thought about anything. Just going to work knowing Alana would be there whenever he would get home. This year, he wonders a lot. If she is getting to the point where she doesn't even want to be there with him?

He lays there not able to fall asleep or think about anything else. He picks up his phone and goes to call her, where the phone just goes to voice message.

"Hey, I know it's late and your probably asleep, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I know I don't normally do this, but I really do miss us. When I get back I hope we can go out to dinner to celebrate Valentine's. Anywhere you want to go, anything you want to do. I want us to work, I want to be with you, Alana." Thomas says.

Thomas hangs up the phone hoping when he returns she will at least try. He knows and sees her pulling away from him more and more. If he doesn't stop it now, it will only get worse and he doesn't want that at all.

The night turns into morning, Alana wakes up in Luke's arms all warm and cozy. Luke already up staring at her while she slept.

"How long have you been up?" Alana asks kissing Luke on his lips.

"About a half-hour, it's nice to just watch you rest. Laying here in my arms. Last night was incredible."Luke answers.

"Yes, it was. We do still have all day today. What would you like to do?" Alana asks.

"Well, I think first kiss you all over, then have some breakfast, and then maybe check out this hotel. It has a lot of things here. A pool, a spa a bar. I think we can hit all them, while we are in here no one will know us and we can have a bit of fun." Luke replies.

"I think that sounds like a lot of fun. Pool huh? I didn't take my suit." Alana responds.

"Don't worry about it, there is a store downstairs, we can get you one." Luke offers.

"Ok, sounds good." Alana comments.

Luke starts kissing her, and they make love for half the morning before getting out of bed and taking their shower, which they do together. Enjoying every minute they have together.

After the shower and getting dressed they head downstairs into the lobby, finding the store. They clown around in the store seeing which suits they would like. Luke picks one for Alana, and Alana picks one for him. Making it a lot of fun. It seemed that no matter what they did together it was fun. They got along and it was special.

They head to the pool getting some drinks and even something to eat, sitting there getting the sunlight. They talk and laugh together, its like nothing either of them has had in the past.

After the poolside they head to the spa, where they both get massages side by side. Luke even gets the facial with Alana laughing each time he saw himself in the green muck on his face.

"Why do you women like to do this to yourself?" Luke asks.

"Because it feels nice and makes us refreshed, you will see. You do look funny though I have to admit." Alana laughs.

"Hey now, your wearing it to smarty pants. " Luke laughs back as he kisses her.

After the Spa, they head back up to their room getting ready for dinner.

"I don't want this to end," Alana says.

"Neither do I. We have a few more hours, so let's not think about it and just enjoy the time we have." Luke answers.

"Ok, you have a point." Alana comments.

They both get dressed and head downstairs into the dining room of the hotel. They take a seat and have a nice long dinner. There is dancing, and Luke asks Alana to dance. She is surprised, its not something she ever really did before. Not like this, Luke takes her into his arms, holding her close as they dance. Her hand lands on his shoulders.

"I love you, you know that right?" Alana says.

"Yes, I do. I feel the same way, I know I shouldn't but I do. I just couldn't help but fall in love with you and after this weekend I feel even closer to you." Luke admits.

"I am so glad you do, that I don't feel this alone. This isn't just an affair to me Luke." Alana confesses.

"I know, same here, we just can't let it get out of control. There is too much loose." Luke states.

"I know," she answers back.

After dancing to a few slow songs, they head back to their room, making sure to make love again before having to leave. This one rushed and filled with lust, and want. They remove their clothes as soon as they hit the hotel door. Even though they had all weekend the chemistry was still there and so was the excitement to have each other.

When they are done, they take another shower to remove the scents off of their bodies, so no one knows what took place. Both grabbing their bags and heading down to the lobby.

"I will miss you," Alana says.

"Same here, but we will see each other on Thursday and we have texting, calling video chat." Luke answers.

"I know, you be careful on your way home," Alana says.

"You too, let me know when you get home." Luke states.

"I will," Alana responds.

"I will drive you to our corner," Luke replies.

The momentum of the car ride is pretty quiet, both knowing what they just shared was special and also wrong on so many levels. Also knowing this could go so wrong in so many ways.

Luke stops the car at the corner, kissing her passionately before she gets out and waves goodbye. As she walks away she takes his heart with her, he just tries to drive on, acting like all this was ok.

For Alana, she feels this emptiness inside of her, like the best part of her just left. She knows this is getting further than either of them ever thought it would. She just can't help it.