Chapter seven

Chapter 7

It was now the end of the week, and Thomas would be home tomorrow. Alana has mixed feelings about it, not sure if they can work things out or not.

That night after dinner, Luke texts her, and they sit down for another night of chatting.

"So are you ready for tomorrow?" Luke asks.

"I am not sure, he may not even want to go away. He could have just said we would talk to get me off his back." Alana admits.

"Give him a little chance, I am sure he wants your marriage to work as well. Just sit down with him, and tell him how you feel." Luke says.

"I will try, it's not as easy talking to him, as it is with you. I don't even know you that long and I told you things I never said to him." Alana confesses.

"Sometimes it is easier to tell someone else. I do feel at ease with you too. Just if you don't tell him, he will not be able to fix it." Luke comments.

"Your no better, does your wife know how you feel? How you miss her?" Alana asks.

"I have said it here and there. Like your husband, she has ignored my wishes. I just don't push, I don't want to fight. We don't see each other that much as it is." Luke states.

"I think you need to sit down and let her know your feelings as well and tell her she needs to take how you feel in account," Alana replies.

"I don't see that going too well, or the way I want it to." Luke chuckles.

"Well aren't we are pair?" Alana giggles back.

"Yes, we are. Let me know how it goes. I won't be able to talk to you until Monday though. We do spend some time together on the weekend." Luke admits.

"That is fine, he will be home all weekend also, and it would look weird if I was on my phone for eleven hours straight." Alana states.

"Same here, but I will be here Monday night," Luke responds.

"I will be here too. Have sweet dreams." Alana says.

"You too my dear," Luke responds.

Luke goes to his bed and lays down just thinking about Alana, for some strange reason, he is hoping it doesn't work out with her husband. He knows that is no way to think, but he is actually a bit jealous. He just shakes it off, knowing that isn't fair at all. He was still very much in love with his own wife. Just now he was a bit confused.

He would find himself thinking of Alana at work, wanting to go to her and talk to her. When she would answer him, it would make him smile. It made him feel alive again and wanted. It was something he hasn't felt in a long time.

For Alana, she feels pretty much the same way about Luke. When he sends her a message her whole being lights up. She feels safe, and comfortable with him as if she has known him her whole life. Could this be? Maybe it was just because it was something new. Something she hasn't felt in so long. Then if she thought about it, she never had this with Thomas. There was a connection for her, where she could tell Luke anything, even hard things. It might take her a bit, maybe even feel a bit shy about it, but she still would let it out. Telling him the truth. It was a friendship she wasn't used to having with a male.

She lays in bed wondering what tomorrow would bring, she knew she should be thinking about what to say to Thomas, and to work on her marriage, yet, at the same time, she couldn't get Luke out of her mind. The little things he would say would replay in her head. It's only been a short time, and if she admitted it to herself, she was hooked.

She always wonders, why his wife wasn't into spending the time with him as she use to? Why didn't she want to keep the closeness? Maybe after all these years she just took for granted he would be there? Just as Thomas did her. Or was she tired of him? And wanted more as Alana did? She wondered a lot of things, just that she wouldn't tell Luke, not wanting to hurt him. She could tell he was a nice guy, even a good guy. He wasn't jumping to cheat and he had a chance and was still not able to just jump. For her, she was wondering if it would be easy too? Luke made it easy to, want to, that was for sure. She just knows if this was some other guy, they would have already asked to be in her bed. Where they were taking it slow and may never get to that point, just being friends.

She also thought, for how long could you just be friends when the want was there. Then maybe it was just all on her side, she would keep this to herself.