Chapter 113

Chapter 113

Thomas just sits there and waits as Alana takes the pregnancy test and other tests the doctor has ordered for her. He sits there and thinks, another child? He is happy and smug about it in a way, this would mean she was stuck to him another eighteen years. All the thinking about leaving and cheating would be over for good. They would be settled down again, things would go back to normal, and give her something to do. Even interrupting her schooling and work, making her be the stay at home parent. Thomas sees this as a wonderful thing. Things were finally working out in his favor and he loved it.

They wheel Alana back to the room after the tests and Thomas goes in, sitting next to her on the bed.

"Are you ok?" Thomas asks.

"I guess." Alana answers.

"You know the more I think you might be pregnant the happier I get. I think this is the best thing for us. It should bring us closer, give us something to connect on, even bring us closer to Tommy." Thomas says.

"I am glad you're ok with it, but we didn't even get the results back yet. You might not want to get too happy." Alana responds.

"Hun I think there is a big chance with all the sex we been having, I remember we only had to try once to get Tommy," Thomas replies.

Alana just smiles at him, not really knowing what to answer. She was feeling sick to her stomach for many reasons. He was happy about having a child and it wasn't his. Then did it matter? He wanted one and one would be here, it would have his name and be his anyway. He would be it's real father since the biological one didn't want any part of them. It just hurt Alana to know she was lying, this really wasn't what she wanted. She felt terrible for Thomas.

As they sit there the Dr. comes back in with the results.

"We got your results fairly quickly."Dr. Rom states.

"Is she ok Doctor?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, the pregnancy test came back positive, and it looks like her blood pressure was a bit high which caused her to pass out. Are you under some stress?"Dr. Rom asks.

Thomas doesn't waste any time answering for her.

"Yes, she works a lot and is now even going to school. I am sure that is a lot of pressure for her." Thomas answers. " We are going to have a baby," Thomas adds holding her hand.

"I suggest that you try your best to keep yourself as calm as you can. Everything else looks great. You will have to schedule an appointment with your OB-Gyn. To see how far along you are, and how the baby is doing. They will also monitor your pressure, making sure it doesn't get too high again." Dr. Rom states.

"Ok, Thank you, doctor," Alana says.

Dr. Rom walks out, leaving Alana and Thomas alone.

"Are you happy?" Thomas asks.

Alana just looks at him and starts crying uncontrollably even worse than the night they had to make love.

Thomas isn't sure what is really going through her mind, he just sees she is filled with pain.

"Hun, it's ok, we can do this. Really its another chance for us." Thomas says.

"Thomas I can't, I have betrayed you, I need to come clean...I need to say I am sorry. I don't think you will ever forgive me." Alana admits.

Thomas knows for what, she was going to admit the affair, in a way she doesn't want her to, it would mess up everything and let his own emotions out, and he was happy. He wanted it to stay that way. She was sorry....that was enough.

"Don't. I except your sorry for whatever it is. Let's just leave it that way and move on from this. Like I said its a new start, a new beginning for our family. What we did in the past, it just that. We can't take it back or fix it. So let's leave it there." Thomas remarks.

"But I should tell you the truth." Alana cries.

"Don't. Are you here now?" Thomas asks.

"Yes."Alana answers.

"Are you willing to make this work?" Thomas asks.

"Yes," Alana says.

"Then whatever it is, doesn't matter," Thomas replies. "Let's get you home, you need some rest. You need to just relax and stop worrying and let go." Thomas responds.

Alana just looks at him as he dries her tears and helps her out of the bed. It makes her feel even worse, knowing he doesn't even want to know, he has accepted the fate and moved on. The man she was so eager to get rid of was the man standing by her side, willing to fix the mess she created. Talk about a punch in the gut. Alana just stays quiet for the car ride home, as Thomas talks about how happy he is, and how he can't wait to tell his parents.

Thomas goes on and on with all he wants to do, as Alana just sits in the car staring out the window. At least someone was happy in all this, at least the child was wanted and would be secure.

She thinks what Luke would say? Or how he would feel about the child? His first and only child. Would he care or just let it go? She will never know the answer to that since he never answered her texts or emails. As much as she was trying to let go of him, he was still inside her heart, a piece of him would always remain there. He was her true love, the man she really wanted, the man she would leave it all for. He just wouldn't do the same.