Chapter 165

Chapter 165

A few days go by, Thomas stays at the hotel getting himself plaster day after day, night after night. Just thinking about everything, that has taken place in his life from day one. He feels sorry for himself, in many ways. All that he held in from his father, from the affair, is now coming to the surface. It's like all these years it just boiled up inside of him, and now it's spilling out.

Sr. Leaves Thomas alone, figuring what is happening. Knowing that Thomas never really showed his true feelings about anything, just always tried to win the battle, coming out on top. He knew sooner or later, it would have to give. Now was the time, losing his mother, and the life he knew all these years.

Alana on the other hand keeps texting trying to reach him, hoping that he is ok. She is worried and has no idea where he is, Thomas doesn't answer or pay any mid to her texts. He just put his phone on ignore, wanting to stay away from his real-life for awhile.

Today is the day of the funeral, Alana heads over Sr.'s house, to pick him up. Hoping that Thomas is there, and he is ok. Just when she gets there, he is nowhere to be found, but to her surprise, Nancy is there, right by Sr.s side.

"Hello, Nancy, it's nice to see you," Alana says

"Thank you, same here. I don't think everyone will be as nice as you." Nancy reveals.

"You were her friend as well. I am sure you want to pay your respects." Alana says.

"I do, I miss her very much. I know, I messed up." Nancy states.

"That is between you and her. Not me. We all make mistakes and we can't help who we fall in love with. Some things are out of our control." Alana answers.

Sr. just nods, knowing Alana knows all too well how things went. he was happy she treated Nancy with respect he just hopes his children will do the same.

While waiting, Nicole comes in, just taking a doubt take at Nancy's presence in her mother's home. Then looks at her father, who is happy for once in his miserable life. As much as she would like to blast him at the moment, she shuts up.

"Dad are you ready?" Nicole asks.

"Yes, everything is done. I guess your brother will meet us there. We should get going.

"I haven't heard from Thomas all week. Is he ok Alana?" Nicole asks.

"I honestly have no idea, he hasn't been home since your mother passed. I think he just needs some space. He did say he would be home for her funeral so, he may already be at the funeral parlor." Alana replies.

"There is always a Harris man, making a scene. This is her day, not his. I understand he is missing her, but really?" Nicole states.

"This isn't the time for this Nicole. Let it be." Sr. says.

"Always protecting your son, it's funny it's normally you fucking everything up. He is normally the calm one, well put together. " Nicole answers.

"He isn't messing anything up. He needed time, We all need time to heal." Sr. responds.

"Looks like you moved on quite well already." Nicole snaps.

"Can we just go?" Sr. comments walking out the door holding Nancy's hand.

They get into the car, and most of the drive is quiet. Not much to say to each other at all. Alana keeps looking at her phone, hoping to hear from Thomas, but there is nothing there.

Nicole just sits there and watches how Sr. interacts with Nancy, seeing a whole new side to him. One she never saw in all her life. He was respectful, loving, caring. He never showed any of this towards her mother and her mother towards him.

She just sees that their relationship was just a fraud. It was better they were not together, it was just sad it had to be this way. He got to make up and have what he wanted, while her mother laid dead in a pine box never really getting the happiness she deserved. Nicole saw it as unfair than also seeing it as their own doing. Neither of them left the situation, just let it go all these years, for the sake of people.

Nicole was happy, that she did take her mother in when her mother needed it. At least then she got some freedom away from him and was happy.

She saw this as disrespectful to her mother, that Nancy was here. What friend sleeps with your husband and then comes to your funeral? Was it make sure she was dead? Nicole just kept that to herself not wanting her mother's funeral to be a show.