Chapter 94

Chapter 94

That same day didn't go so well for Alana, she gets to work looking like a trainwreck and feeling even worse.

"Girl, what happened to you?" Judy asks.

"Luke broke up with me. He is going to try to make it work with his wife." Alana admits.

"Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't see that coming. Are you ok?" Judy asks.

"No, My heart hurts, I feel like I been run over. I can't even think straight and I didn't get any sleep at all." Alana admits.

"Sweety, I am so sorry. I didn't want to see you hurt. I thought this would have just been some fun. You just fell." Judy answers.

"We built a relationship, a friendship. The time we spent together was wonderful. He was everything I ever wanted and more. " Alana says.

"I know you feel that way, but Luke has issues. He never really knew what he wanted. He was always on his quilt trips. He never really stepped up to the plate. You had to see, this." Judy comments.

"He feels, it's what made him different. It wasn't just sex, it was way more. We understood each other." Alana says.

"Ok, sweety your shaking, you need some rest and to calm down. Did Thomas see you like this?" Judy asks.

"Yes, I couldn't hide it, it hit me like a ton of bricks," Alana responds.

"What did he say?" Judy says.

"He asked what was wrong. I said a patient passed away. I tried to hold it in, but I couldn't. Everything was falling in on me at once." Alana responds.

"You can't work like this, maybe you should go home and try to rest. Try to forget about things. You still have your son and your family." Judy replies.

"Yea I need to go home. I just can't." Alana answers grabbing her purse and heading to the door.

"Alana if you need me I am here. You know that right?" Judy says.

Alana just nods walking out the door, everywhere she looks is a reminder of the times she was with Luke. He came to her area, going to her restaurants, having sex in the vet office. This space was suffocating her.

She heads home going straight upstairs, locking herself in her room wanting away from everything and everyone. She just looks at her phone wanting to send him a message. To tell him, how much she misses him and its only been hours. She just knows better it wouldn't make much difference, only hurt her more when he wouldn't answer her.

She just lays in her bed and cries, not able to control this feeling inside her. She never felt this way before, she was broken, not even Thomas had made her feel this way in the past. This was new and she didn't like it at all.

When Thomas gets done with his father, he heads home seeing everything is quiet and dark. His son is sitting on the sofa playing his video games but there is no sign of Alana.

"Son, where is your mother," Thomas asks.

"Not sure." Tommy answers.

"Wasn't she home when you got here? Or came home at 5?" Thomas asks.

"No," Tommy replies.

"What about dinner?" Thomas asks.

"I had a peanut butter sandwich," Tommy responds.

"I will order us a pizza," Thomas says.

Thomas goes upstairs and sees that her bedroom door is locked. He doesn't knock not sure what to say. So he sends her a text.

"Alana where are you?" Thomas asks.

Alana just lays there not wanting to answer, wanting to forget him and everything around her. She just knows if she doesn't answer it will make things worse and he will only go look for her.

"I am home, in my room. I do not feel well at all. Please get dinner for yourself and Tommy. I am going back to bed." Alana states.

"Ok, I hope you feel better," Thomas replies.

She doesn't answer him and goes back to sleep. Trying to forget today and yesterday. She needed time to get herself together, she knew she couldn't do this forever, just right at the moment she hurt too badly.

Thomas knows what is really going on, and he knew she would be hurt but not like this. He has never seen this before in her, never falling apart like this. The fiesty testy girl was broken and to know it was Luke that did it, just pissed Thomas off more.

Thomas acts like nothing is wrong and gets dinner for him and his son, sitting down and eating. Knowing even though she is wallowing in self-pity, she was upstairs safe and alone. It made him feel better. He just wondered how long this would take for her to be normal again. He saw that at this point she didn't even care if he noticed or not that something wasn't right. She was only thinking about herself.