Chapter 88

Chapter 88

Monday comes, and Thomas is still very upset he just is able to hide it a bit better than a few days ago. He heads to work, doing his normal routine and trying not to think about everything he saw and read. He knew he didn't want this to end, he knew all that he did in the past is the reason this was happening now. If only he would have been there more if only he would have listened to her wants.

Now he would have to fight for her affections, he just hopes, in the end, he could win her back. That night he heads home, dreading it. Not sure how he will feel seeing her, now knowing the truth. He did know he would have to put on the best performance of his life.

"Your home," Alana says.

"Yes, sorry for the short notice on Friday. They came to me out of nowhere." Thomas answers.

"Its nothing new," Alana replies.

Thomas knows that his trips were the main cause of there failing marriage, its why he stopped them. He just needed time away before he blew but he couldn't tell her that.

"You don't have to worry because they won't be happening anymore. That was my last one for a long time. I will be home every night at a normal time. I want us to sit down and eat as a family as we did before. Tommy only has a few more years leaving at home before college, lets make them good family ones. "Thomas says.

"Really?" Alana replies.

"Yes, As I have said before, I want to make up for the past. For you and our son. I know our marriage isn't the best but I think we can do this for him. I know you only want the best for him, as do I." Thomas answers.

"I suppose, I will still need Thursdays to work late. The rest of the week I can see but not Thursday." Alana responds.

It takes everything Thomas has not to say what is on his mind about that, but he sees she is giving in a little. That there is prayer so he bites his tongue.

"Great, one day a week I can give you. The rest is family nights. The ones we been having have been nice, I am sure we can do more things together. Summer is coming up, maybe instead of taking just one-week vacation maybe we can do three." Thomas suggests. Feeling that would be three Thursdays away from Luke.

"We will see Thomas, I am not sure I can get that many weeks." Alana comments.

"Ask from now, I am sure the doctor can live with just Judy for three weeks. You work hard, you need the time off. We all love it down the shore, lets make it a nice summer."Thomas replies.

"I will think about it. You sure came home with a lot of ideas, what the hell has gotten into you?" Alana asks.

"Nothing, I just want our family. I know you don't feel the same Alana, I know things have changed, but I can show you I am not the same man, that I have changed. That I can be and give you all that you want. I was foolish, and let work lead my way." Thomas admits.

"Have you been drinking?" Alana laughs.

"Why is it every time I come to you telling you how I really feel, and want to make a difference you make jokes?!" Thomas spats.

"Because I know you Thomas, too well for that matter. Everything is just a game to you. You want to be the best at everything you do, you can't accept defeat. And our marriage is defeat to you, so now you want to fight for it." Alana spates back.

"It's not just that damnit! I do love you no matter what you think. I don't want us to end." Thomas answers.

"If you say so. It wasn't only your working Thomas, it was other things as well." Alana states.

"Yea I know, your romance stuff and sex. That really means that much to you. Is sex worth giving up our marriage for?" Thomas asks thinking of the things she does with Luke.

"It's not just sex, its the closeness, the connection. We don't have that, I don't think we ever can." Alana admits.

It takes everything Thomas has not to say "And you have it with your sex toy??" But instead, he says. "Maybe we can work on that, come back to our bedroom, let's give it a try." Thomas pleads.

"I can't. I am not ready for that." Alana replies.

Thomas just looks at her knowing why, but if he is at all honest with himself he is glad she said no at this moment. There was no way he could make love to her, all he saw was a betrayal.

"Fine, we can work on it, we can get there," Thomas responds.

"We will see." Alana answers.

Alana isn't sure what to think, or really do. It was nice to give her son a nice family life while he was still here. She knew that Luke had doubts and reservations. That as much as she would leave everything for him, he wouldn't do the same. So at the moment, she wanted to keep things calm. About being intimate with Thomas that was something she just couldn't do. She wanted no part of him in that way, and now after being with Luke, she knew what sex really was, how it really felt. There was no way Thomas could ever measure up to it.