Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Another two months go by, Alana and Luke seeing each other here and there when they can. As their real lives seem to be in the way, and neither of them stopping it. Luke getting closer to his wife, doing his best to make it work, but at the same time still very much in love with Alana. Even though he was trying his best for this, his heart was with Alana. He thought about her all the time and seeing her still made him very happy. It was weighing on him, more and more.

For Alana she loves Luke as well, she just is busy with work, and Thomas seems to come up with spending more and more family time. Doing his best to take up any extra time Alana has, putting it all on Tommy. They go to sports, and school events together, as they should have in the past. Thomas not missing any of them anymore. He was there sitting in the front row cheering his son on.

His little work trips are less and less, doing his best to stay home, so he can watch over Alana. He knows there is something up, he knows something is holding her back beside her being mad at him. He can feel it, and he wants to do everything he can to make sure, he stops it before it gets worse. His fathers words always in the back of his mind. He didn't want people to laugh at him, and he didn't want her gone. He wasn't totally sure there was another man, but deep down, he had a feeling there was.

This wasn't the woman he married in any way. She was different, the way she talked, the way she acted. Then he would just think to himself maybe all these years he didn't really know her, he didn't pay attention. Always thinking she would remain the young girl he married. He just sees now, that's not so.

He gives her space and lets her work knowing that it's important to her. He sees she loves her job and is very good at it. He knows what that is like, he still loves his very much, he just knows his family is more important. If he doesn't work on it now, it would be lost forever and he doesn't want that. He can't see his life without Alana and his son. He just wishes he would have seen this earlier, so none of this would be happening.

Thomas goes to his father's just wanting to talk to him. He knew his father was tired of hearing it but at the same time was there for him to lean on. Thomas needed someone to rely on, even when his father would get blunt or harsh. He knew it was just something he needed to hear.

"Son, it's a Wednesday, is everything ok? We normally don't see you until Sunday dinner." Sr. says.

"I just wanted to stop by, and bring you some fresh veggies that Alana and I picked up at the farmers market." Thomas answers.

"Aww, you guys are spending more time together?" Sr. asks.

"Yes, I made it at the start once a week we would do family things, now I moved it up to two or three times a week. Sometimes even springing it on them both to take them out to dinner, or a movie. Tommy loves it so Alana goes along with it." Thomas replies.

"Any alone time?" Sr. asks.

"No, not yet. We just do things as a family but we laugh and enjoy each other's company so its a start. We haven't done anything romantic yet. She hasn't given in to anything like that. She is stubborn, to say the least." Thomas responds.

"I see that your wife is making you work for it. At least you are spending time together though, that is a lot more than you did before. Any fighting?" Sr. comments?

"The first time we went out, she had resentment of the past. Saying why have I started it now, it was too late. Just as the time is going by we don't fight, we keep it pleasant for Tommy. I try my best not to fight or bring up something to piss her off." Thomas reveals.

"So you walk on eggshells? That's not a good thing either son, but I see your trying, so I am sure she does too. She is still here so that's a plus as well. Do you still think there is someone else?" Sr. wonders.

"If there is, I put a dent into it. I can't prove anything but I do have my suspicions. There are a lot of times and things that just didn't seem right. I think there a person that is holding her back from giving into me fully. I just feel it in my gut." Thomas answers.

"If you feel it that strong son, then I would trust your gut. It is a good thing that you nip it in the bud now before it gets out of hand. Just if she is holding back because of someone else, there is a chance she may hope to be with that person." Sr. replies.

"I thought about that, but so far she hasn't said she was leaving, or that she wanted a divorce. I know she will keep appearances, and I am hoping the other party is married." Thomas states.

"If you really want to know, why don't you hire a private detective, to know for sure. To know what your up against? It would also be a good thing to know for sure, to have evidence in case she does want a divorce, you can use it against her." Sr. says.

"I am not sure if I really want to know this or not, I am just speculating now, then I will know. The thought alone kills me that she would be with someone else." Thomas admits.

"I understand that, but in a way son, you pushed her away. She did ask you for what she wanted, you were not willing then to give it. Not that cheating was the way, but shit happens. I don't condone what she is doing, its ruining a family, and she is being a tramp. But she is younger than you and wanted more, you had to see that? You played your part in this as well." Sr. comments.

"I know, I just never thought she would do such a thing. I will think about it." Thomas answers.

"You do that, I think even if you do nothing about it, you should know the truth. At least then you know why she is pushing you away like this. Plus if you know he is married, or not, that is a good thing too. Married you have a better chance of her staying with you, if he is single there is nothing holding him back. You know what I mean?" Sr. says.

"Yes, I do." Thomas answers.

Thomas just sits there taking it in, does he really want to know the truth? Would it fix this? No, not really but his father was right it would let him know what he would be up against. If he had a chance or not. He would just have to see.