Chapter 124

Chapter 124

Thomas gets off the phone thinking about what Mr. Duggan said to him. He knows he is right in everything he did say. He couldn't keep doing this, he was doing his best to control the situation at any cost. It was wearing on his nervous, yet he couldn't seem to stop himself. His drive for this, pushed him to the edge, wanting this more than anything he ever wanted before. He also saw it wasn't healthy at all. After this he would have to just let nature take its course, if she was going to leave him, she was. Then he remembered what Duggan said, if she was she wouldn't be trying to hide this.

Thomas gets out of bed, seeing Alana already up and ready for the appointment.

"You can't wait huh?"Thomas says.

"Nope, I want to make sure everything is ok. Its been a while since I been pregnant last. Plus now I am older." Alana states.

"I am sure everything is fine. Don't worry. What do you want this time?" Thomas asks.

"A little girl would be nice. I always wanted one." Alana reveals.

"That would be nice, any names figured out?" Thomas asks.

"I like the name, Lucia," Alana replies.

Thomas's legs wobble from under him, Lucia? Luke? Was this telling him right from the get-go it was his? She wanted to name this child after him, making it, even more, a part of him. Thomas thinks.

Thomas gathers himself, "Why that name?" he asks.

"I think it's pretty, I have liked it for a long time." Alana answers.

"I guess we will see," Thomas states not sure what else to say, naming this child after her boyfriend. Thomas now already feels it's his child.

"Are we going out to lunch after the appointment?" Alana asks.

"Sure, if that is what you would like. There are some baby stores in town if you would like to pick some stuff up." Thomas suggests.

"That would be great, we never did any baby shopping together with Tommy. This would be our first." Alana answers.

Thomas sees she is excited about it and really wants to. It just makes him think back, if he only did this before, they wouldn't be here.

"I am glad that makes you happy, that I want to know. So baby shopping it is for this afternoon, I think we should do a lot of things we didn't before. I want to be all your firsts and only." Thomas responds.

Alana just looks at him, she sees he is different, but so is she. She is giving this her best, but her heart is someone else's.

"That would be nice." She replies.

They both finish getting ready and head off to the Drs. appointment. They both have a bit of nervousness inside them, both for different reasons. Even though Alana fixed it that he won't know, lying to him, makes her feel terrible. She just sits there feeling miserable inside, how could she do this to him? How could she have turned into this? She just starts to cry, with tears streaming down her face.

"Alana, what is wrong? Why are you crying?" Thomas asks.

"I can't do this, this isn't me. So much has happened and taken place...I just need to tell you. You just may not want me anymore, but I need to be honest with you." Alana blurts out.

Thomas knows she wants to confess, just if she does, everything they worked for will be thrown away. He wants to stay in the little bubble even though its a lie, even though he knows he shouldn't. He could make her confess and pay for it all, drag her through it, but why? He wanted to move on from it, build from it.

"Alana, stop. I have a question and I want you to answer it honestly. Are you going to leave me?" Thomas asks.

"No." Alana answers.

"Do you really want this to work, and raise our family together?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I do, but there is something I need to tell you and it will change everything," Alana admits.

"If you really want to do that, and be with me, and go back to our life, then I don't want to know. I don't need to. We have been getting along great, we have a family and everything we both said we wanted. Whatever it is..... it's over like I told you before. Whatever it is is over right?" Thomas states.

"Yes, it is over but I feel its too important not to tell you," Alana admits.

"Your not going to do it again?" Thomas replies.

"No, I'm not." Alana answers, knowing Luke doesn't want her, and she doesn't want anyone else there would be no point.

"Then let's go inside and see what our child is, and how it's doing." Thomas comments, taking her by the hand.

"But Thomas," Alana says.

"No butts. Let's go inside." Thomas says.

Alana figures he does know, it can't be. He just doesn't want to hear it, he just doesn't want to face it. If he didn't and wanted to stay like this, then she would give him, his wish. She wanted to come clean about everything, he wouldn't let her. His wish was to make this work, she would give it to him, and to their children. After everything, it was the least she could do.

Sometimes love isn't the only thing that keeps people together, family, security, fear does. She saw that Thomas loved her, and wanted her, wanted to fight for her, where Luke just let her go, without caring. Maybe it was better to not love Thomas that way, she wouldn't get hurt again, but it was nice that he loved her this much.

She had her fun, and now it was time to go back to the mature Alana and let the fantasy go. If Luke really wanted her, he would be here with her and for her. Instead, Thomas was, he might have been a lot of things, but at least he stepped up.