Chapter 79

Chapter 79

Thursday night comes, Alana coming home from work at a normal time, seeing Thomas and Tommy ready to leave for the bowling ally. She sees a smile on Thomas's face, one she hasn't seen in a long time.

"Welcome home, we were waiting for you, Do you need to change or are you ready to go?"Thomas asks.

"I changed at work out of my scrubs, we can go. I am pretty hungry anyway." Alana answers.

"Same here, Mommy," Tommy says.

"That's fine we can get a pizza or whatever you want at the bowling ally," Thomas replies.

They all get into the car, heading to the bowling ally, Thomas in his glory that Alana gave into this. It was his chance to work on their relationship. It wasn't exactly what he wanted but it would work. It was better than nothing. If he had to use Tommy to get what he wanted he would, he felt it was only benefiting his son anyway, to have both parents together, doing family things.

On the way there Alana just thinks that instead of being in the car with Thomas she could be with Luke right now. The thought agitates her, she just tries to keep it to herself. Figuring what the hell is she doing here? Then She sees her son in the back seat, excited and rearing to go. That cools her down, and she tries to block Luke out of her mind at least for the moment.

Once there they get out of the car, and all going into the bowling ally, getting their shoes. Thomas taking the lead in everything, getting their sizes and setting everything up. Trying to be the in control dad. He even orders a pizza and some wings having it delivered to their table.

"Let's eat first and then we can start playing. Let's enjoy the food." Thomas states.

"Ok." Alana answers.

"How was your day at work? I am really glad you made it here tonight." Thomas says.

"My day was busy, we had a lot going on, I just knew that Tommy really wanted me here tonight." Alana answers.

"I really wanted you here also," Thomas replies.

Alana doesn't say anything, just continues to eat her pizza.

"I think we should do something as a family once a week. I think it would help bring us closer." Thomas answers.

"That sounds great Dad."Tommy comments.

"You two can do things together without me at times to. That would be nice for Tommy to be with you one on one." Alana responds.

"Yes, that would be nice, but I think all of us are even better. Tommy is getting big, we may not have more time like this." Thomas answers.

"You think about that now?" Alana replies not holding back.

"I have been thinking about it. I regret us not having a another child. I think that would have been nice." Thomas says.

"Another one that you wouldn't have spent time with?" Alana grunts.

"Can we let go of the past? I know what I have done, and I am sorry to the both of you. I want to make it better, make it right. I already have talked to Tommy and he has forgave me." Thomas comments.

Alana looks at Tommy. He nods his head, eating his pizza.

"I am glad you two are getting closer, that is a great thing. Tommy does need you. He always has." Alana answers.

"There was a time you needed me too, I know you have learned to be independent and do things without me. I just would like if we can do things together now." Thomas replies.

Alana doesn't answer, not wanting to fight in front of her son. She saw Thomas has this all planned out, even talking to Tommy before, getting him to forgive him for all the shitty times, he wasn't ever there. She just felt maybe Tommy could forgive so easily, she just couldn't.

Thomas shuts up, also not wanting this to go wrong. He knows that if he keeps pushing she may let him have it and ruin it for their son and even for them. So she changes the subject.

"Ok, are you guys ready to get your butts whoop?" Thomas laughs.

"Keep dreaming dad," Tommy replies.

"Yea, we are not going to let you win," Alana responds.

"Well then let's see what you both got." Thomas comments.

The night goes on, and they play a few rounds, actually having a very good time together. Alana sees that Thomas lets go, and isn't the stuck up businessman, he normally was. He was actually the man she met so many years ago, which surprises her. At the same time, she didn't trust him. She knew he was up to winning her back and would do anything. It was just a game he was playing until she would give in, and then he would go back to his old self. That always stuck in the back of her mind, and always will.

Around eight, they head home, trying not to stay out too late since they both had work and Tommy had school. Thomas even picks up some ice cream on the way home, trying to make this the most pleasant he can.

Once home, Tommy goes to his room and Alana is in the kitchen making Tommy's lunch for tomorrow.

"I hope you enjoyed your evening?" Thomas ask.

"Yes, it was nice. I enjoyed seeing Tommy so happy." Alana replies.

"I saw you smile here and there as well. It was nice to see." Thomas responds.

"I saw you not so stuck up, I wasn't sure I would ever see that again," Alana says.

"I am not always the businessman, Alana. I just work hard, I wanted our family to have everything they needed." Thomas answers.

"They needed you. Not you running off on business trips and never being here for us." Alana announces.

"You have to forgive me for that Alana. Please. I am trying my best here. You have to see that?" Thomas responds moving in close putting his hands on her waist.

"I see that your scared you may lose, so now you want to fight for it." Alana snaps pushing his hands away.

"This isn't a game Alana! This is our life, our marriage. We are getting older now, we should be over all this. I know you want more from our marriage, I am trying. I will do anything you want to make this work. You want sex? Fine! You want to.......change it up, I will give it a shot." Thomas blurts out.

"NOW you want to try? When I have no desire to sleep with you. What happened to me being a Whore? Or you didn't see me that way?" Alana yells.

"I see this means a lot to you, I see if I don't try I will lose you and I don't want that. I know your not a whore, I am sorry I ever said that. I see you as my wife, the mother of my son. The good woman I married. It's hard to change that up for me, but I will see what I can do if you give me that chance." Thomas states.

"You are a year too late," Alana answers walking to the stairs.

"Just think about it, I know your mad about that night. I know what I said and did. You wanted this once with me, now please give me that chance to fix this." Thomas pleads.

"I am going to bed," Alana answers walking upstairs.

How could she give him a chance? When she was in love with someone else? How could she even think about sleeping with him, when all her want and desire was for Luke. She wishes that Thomas would just drop this, and they could go back to paying no attention to each other. It was so much easier.