Chapter 69

Chapter 69

Later in the day, Alana goes into the bathroom getting herself ready for dinner. Luke already told her, he was going to pick her up for dinner, then go to the hotel. Alana is filled with excitement and wonder about what the night holds for them. It makes her smile every time she even thinks about it.

She slides on a red short, tight v-neck dress with black pantyhose and black high heels. Pushing her hair up, with some light curls hanging in the front. She adds a dab of perfume and some makeup, and she is ready to go.

She grabs her overnight bag and takes one last look at the roses sitting on her desk before she heads out the door.

"Hey, You! Have a great night." Judy yells from the back of the vet.

"Thank you, see you on Monday," Alana says back opening the door to her way out.

As she is headed to their usual corner pickup, Luke texts her.

"Hey babe, you ready?" Luke asks.

"Yes, I am at our corner waiting for you. I have to admit I am a bit nervous." Alana says.

"There is no need to be, but I understand. I am a bit too. This is the first time for us to actually sit down together and not have to leave in a few hours." Luke remarks.

"Exactly, I get you all night long. To do whatever I want with." Alana answers seductively.

"I am holding that to you!" Luke replies.

"You didn't tell me much about tonight either," Alana responds.

"I know, it's all a surprise. All you have to do is be there." Luke states.

"I have to admit I really like this, it's so different than I am used to. Someone trying to be romantic, and do fun things." Alana comments.

"Tonight it's just us, not our past. We leave all that at the door, this is for us." Luke answers.

"That sounds perfect." Alana agrees.

"I am pulling up to you," Luke says.

Alana sees the car pull up, and she walks over to get in. Soon as she does, she kisses Luke on the lips hello. So happy to see him.

"Hello to you too babe." Luke laughs as he drives off.

"I couldn't hold it back, I been waiting to do that all day. I have to say the roses made me want to do it even more." Alana giggles.

"I will keep that in mind for the future," Luke smirks.

Luke just looks Alana up and down seeing the heels, he just wonders what is under her black wool coat. She is very sexy to him, and he knows he is going to love what he sees. He just can't wait.

Luke does his best to keep his eye on the road, driving them both into town, where he made reservations for two at a swanky restaurant. Luke might not have lived in the area but he knew about things there, as he would visit for work here and there. He kept this place in mind, just now able to go with someone special, someone who would enjoy it as much as he would.

Luke parks in the parking lot, then getting out of the car with Alana and walking to the restaurant, which wasn't far from their hotel room.

Alana just looks around the fancy restaurant. Everything is exceptional from the start. They walk into a dimly lighted room, with high ceilings, with chandeliers. Each table draped in white table cloths, fancy tableware and candles.

The waitress takes them to a table in the back just for themselves that has more roses set on the table with another card, and a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for them.

Luke pulls the chair for her to take a seat before she does, Alana takes off her wool coat that the waitress takes for her to reveal the tight, short red v-neck dress. Lukes eyes, just go up and down Alana's body. Checking out each and every one of her curves. She set him on fire, with just a glance.

"You look stunning tonight," Luke says.

"Thank you." Alana blushes.

"These are for you," Luke states handing her another dozen of roses.

"They are even more gorgeous than the last ones. Thank you so much." Alana answers Kissing him on his cheek. " You know you didn't have to do this, the other two dozens were just fine," Alana adds.

"No, they weren't. I have to make up for a lot of years of you not having them. Where you should be getting them all the time." Luke answers.

"You sure do know how to make a lady feel special," Alana replies.

"Good, that's the whole point," Luke responds.

They sip their champagne, as they wait for their dinner. Talking about how their week went, how they were looking forward to tonight and so much more.

Even though they talked on the phone all the time, there never seemed to be something not to talk about. Tonight they were happy, and with each other, enjoying a real Valentine's day.

Luke was in his glory about to be the romantic person, he really was. Without someone saying he went overboard or that they had to keep up with him. He loved that Alana was enjoying it, that it was new to her, and she didn't complain. It was special and made Valentine's new again for both of them.

Alana was just in awe of everything, never having any of this before. Not even when she and Thomas first got together. He would give her a card, and say Happy Valentine's day but nothing super special, and as the years went on, he didn't even do that. Feeling it was a waste.

While Alana and Luke are eating, Thomas texts Alana wanting to ask how her day was, trying to spend some time with her while he was away. Showing her he was thinking about her on Valentine's day. He just doesn't get a response, Alana is too busy with Luke to even see it.

Thomas knows he has a lot to fight for, this just makes him feel and wonder if he will ever get back what he lost? Is it lost forever? Is it too late to try? He also wonders, what she is doing at eight at night, and why she didn't pick up. He hopes she is just in the bath, and missed his text. Then he thinks, maybe she just doesn't want to talk to me. He thinks a lot of things not sure what is the real problem.