Chapter 91

Chapter 91

The next morning, Luke gets up and goes to work. Going into his office still a bit lost from the night before. Brad sees something isn't right and goes into his office wanting to know what is going on. He feels something probably happened with Alana, never thinking it would be Whitney.

"Hey man what's up, you look like shit? Did your lady friend do something?" Brad asks.

"No, the lady friend is fine. Everything is great with her. Just last night Whitney and I had a conversation, one I never saw coming." Luke admits.

"Oh, what's wrong with her? Taking on more work?" Brads asks.

"No, the total opposite. She wants to come home early and spend more time together. She has been around more, lately, now she said she wants to work on our marriage, maybe even have a child." Luke announces.

"Wait, What? This is Whitney? You have been asking for this shit for years and she ignored you. A baby? Since when? She has always been anti-children." Brad spats.

"That's what I said, she said we are getting older now and should work on things. I didn't even know what to say, we even had sex and she was the one to start it. I am so lost and confused." Luke answers.

"Shit I bet, I am in awe from it. Are you sure she doesn't know your cheating and got scared? This is her way of stopping it?" Brad asks.

"She did notice that I was out more and that I wasn't as close to her. I do think that worried her and made her see and change her mind. Just now I am torn. I love them both."Luke states.

"You know if you don't give this a try with Whitney you will regret it? You wanted this for so long, it's all you ever talked about before. It's why the affair started in the first place because she wasn't giving you what you needed. Otherwise, you would have never started with Alana. Your not going to give up on your marriage for a fling." Brad replies.

"It's not just a fling, I really do care about her. The sex with Whitney was nothing like it is with Alana." Luke confesses.

"Your not going to be a mid-life crisis and leave because of good sex. You know better." Brad comments.

"It's not only about sex, I really enjoy being with her." Luke answers.

"You need to concentrate on your marriage, on your real life. She has one too, she even has a son. Breaking up two marriages isn't easy. Plus you will regret it, you know how you are. You know your guilt." Brad responds.

"My guilt is already killing me. I don't even know who I am being unfaithful too now. I need to take time out, I need a break from it all. I do know I wanted my marriage to work, its all I ever wanted. I just don't know what to do with the feelings I have for Alana." Luke states.

"Put them in the back of your mind, they will fade in time. You will see once your marriage is on track and even if you have a child with Whitney how you will be thankful you didn't do anything harsh." Brad recommends.

"And if I can't? If I Don't?" Luke answers.

"Then I guess you will see, just don't through everything you have away for what you think you want. You know you never wanted to leave Whitney, you always told Alana that too. You never lied. This is a big decision. "Brad replies.

"I know it is." Luke answers.

"What would your family say? What would you do with the house? Would you really want to live with Alana? Take on her son? Take on Thomas? You need to think of all this, it's not just fun and games." Brad comments.

"None of this has been fun and games. Its been hard from the start." Luke responds.

"It will only get harder and you know your not one to take shit on. You always overthink and freak the fuck out." Brad replies.

Luke knows that Brad is right, this would be a lot for them to take on, and he did still care for his wife. Leaving her wouldn't be the right thing to do. Plus Alana had her own family. He just thinks maybe he shouldn't have ever started this, then he thinks it was the happiest time he ever spent. Who would have thought doing something so wrong, would feel so right. That you could meet the love of your life, while you were still with someone you thought was the love of your life? Life had a funny way sometimes, changing your life, in an instant, either for the good or for the bad.

Just some had the balls to go for what they wanted, Luke wasn't one of those people. He was afraid to let go, afraid to take a chance. He always was, and now was no different.