Chapter sixteen

Chapter 16

A few days go by and it's now Sunday, Thomas goes to see his mother and father again, as he does every Sunday. Alana stays home and still isn't talking to him. They are pretty much like two passing ships in the night. He is just hoping she will get over this and they can move on.

Thomas walks into his mother and father's house with his son Tommy. His father just looks at him, noticing that Alana wasn't with him. He just wonders to himself what is going on. Most of the time, on Sunday, when it was for dinner, Alana would always be by Thomas's side. She didn't come last Sunday since it was for lunch, and she had errands to run, which was very rare. Thomas Sr. didn't think much of it, but now twice in a row, had him wondering.

Tommy Goes into the kitchen to help his grandmother with dinner, as Thomas sits down with his father to watch the tv.

"Son, is something going on? Why isn't your wife here for dinner?" Thomas Sr. Asks.

"She is mad at me, so she didn't come, to be honest, she hasn't talked to me in four days and even moved out of our bedroom." Thomas Jr. Says.

"What? And you let her? Why? Why would she move out of your room?" Sr. Asks.

"Because of her crazy romantic shit. She wanted to go out on Wednesday. We did, we had a nice dinner and then went to the hotel room. We had sex...like normal. I did see she was trying to do different things but I still took control. Then the weirdest thing took place, she took a bath and came to bed, taking over the situation, doing things she never has done before. It made me wonder if she has someone else. She never acted like that before in our whole marriage. It was like she was a different person, and with someone else." Thomas Jr. Comments.

"Your wife is eleven years younger than you. She is still very young, she could be hitting the phase where her sex drive has spiked. It will go away and be normal again. Didn't you enjoy what she was doing? I mean there had to be some excitement, she came to you. If there was someone else, he would have gotten it, not you. Plus she wouldn't be asking you for it, or to go out to hotels." Sr. Admits.

"I did enjoy it at first, it was exciting, it was hot to see her like that. Just then it was like, what the hell is going on. She doesn't do this. This isn't like her. I bet it's that damn Judy putting this shit in her head. She was always a bad influence." Thomas Jr. states.

"Ok, so why did she leave your bedroom from this?" Sr. asks.

"I pretty much said she was acting like a whore, and slapped her." Thomas Jr. Reveals.

"Son, really? Damn no wonder she moved out. I mean, that wasn't a good reaction. Hell, if she did have someone, you just pushed her to him." Sr. Responds.

"What the hell dad, I don't know what to do. I am not like that with her, I don't see her that way, I never have. She is the mother of my son. I respect her, I don't see her like a whore." Thomas Confesses.

"I know, it's great you respect her, but I think she is asking for more attention. Maybe you should ask if she would like to have another child. That way, it gives her something to do, another reason to be tied to you, and might get her off this kick." Sr. Suggests.

"That would be nice, for her to go back to what we were. She has changed a lot since she went back to work. I think Judy puts things in her head, and not only about sex, everything. I also know she isn't just working part-time like she said she would be. I haven't brought it up, not to fight, but I see she goes every day and full time. She is hiding it from me, or thinks she is." Thomas Jr. Admits.

"You need to have a conversation with your wife and not a fight. You also need to say you're sorry, try to get on her good side, Hell have sex with her, SHe is your wife Thomas. You have always been different with her. I saw you with your other girlfriends before her, you were sexual, what happened?" Sr. Asks.

"I was sexual with her too, but like I said. I see her as my wife, the mother of my son. It's just different. She wasn't a slut when I met her, she was a good girl and I kept her that way. Now I just don't know what has gotten into her." Thomas Jr. Says.

"I think she just got older, wants more. You may have to open yourself up to keep her. If she has another child it will put things the way they were, if she says no, she will only get more independent and walk further away from you. You sure she hasn't found someone at work, that is turning her on? Maybe starting a fire under her, and she is trying to use it on you. The way you acted will only push her towards doing it with him if that is the case." Sr. explains.

"The last time I was at the vet, it was just her and Judy and the old 70-year-old doctor. I doubt he is putting a fire under anyone lately." Thomas Jr. states.

"Well something or someone is. You need to settle this down Son, we don't need any scandals of your wife leaving you. You're a big wig at your job, it won't look good if she leaves you for someone else, or at all." Sr. Comments.

"You think I don't know that? Do you think I want this? Everything looks perfect on the outside, it always has, and I want it to stay that way. I will see If I can talk to her later tonight when Tommy goes to bed." Thomas Jr. Replies.

"Good, I hope you fix whatever this is. Don't tell your mother, tell her everything went well. Son, you are forty-five, you should be past all this bullshit by now." Sr. responds.

"I know."

Thomas Jr. sits there and thinks about everything his father just told him. He knew this wasn't a good thing, that he also overreacted and should have never touched her. He just couldn't help it, she took out the beast in him to think she would be learning this from someone else. Not to mention, she was saying she got no satisfaction out of the sex she was having with him. He didn't want to tell his father that tidbit.

If Thomas thought about it, he wasn't sure if it was all about the sex or so much more. They have been distant for some time, about a lot of things. He just never thought it would bring them here.