Chapter 188

Chapter 188

Alana lets Tom drop her off in front of Sr.'s house. For the remainder of the car ride, she stayed silent just staring mostly at Billie and trying to take in everything that occurred tonight. She feels free once she is dropped off. Being in the car with her made her feel suffocated, and her head was spinning.

She walks up the stairs and goes inside Sr.'s house.

"Hey, I heard tonight was something," Sr. says.

Alana just runs to him putting her arms around him and starts sobbing uncontrollably. All the feelings she had to hold in all these years and even tonight rush out of her all at once. Sr. can feel her body shaking up against his. He knows she is hurting, and he feels for her.

"Let it out, let it all out, then tell me what happened," Sr. says. "Nancy can you please make us some tea." He adds.

"Of course," Nancy answers going into the kitchen to give them some space.

"Ok, you need to sit down and calm down. Talk to me." Sr. says.

Alana tries but the more she thinks about tonight the more she cries.

"I am really glad you came here instead of going home to Thomas. He doesn't need to see this. Whatever we talk about tonight is between us. I know he is my son, but we have a close friendship and you stood by me with Nancy. We have grown to understand one another." Sr. states.

"I couldn't go home, I couldn't look at Thomas and not cry. I don't want to hurt him." Alana admits tears still rolling down her face.

"I understand that. What happened tonight?" Sr. asks.

"We went to Billie's parent's house, like planned. Everything was great at the start. We were waiting for her father to come home so we could have dinner. Thomas got your phone call and left and then, Billie's father came home. It just so happens it's Luke." Alana reveals.

"I see. What happened then?" Sr. asks already knowing it was Luke since Thomas figured that out beforehand.

"When I looked up and saw him my heart dropped. It was all still there like it was twenty years ago. The butterflies, the desire the want. It all came flooding back. We acted like it was the first time we met and no one caught on. I stayed away from him, the best I could so his wife wouldn't notice anything." Alana states.

"Did he try to talk to you?" Sr. asks.

"Yes, I had to go to the bathroom and he walked me. He knew by seeing Lucia she was his." Alana says crying.

"Lucia went too? What did he do when he saw her?" Sr. asks trying to get his own self together knowing this could be bad for his son in a lot of ways.

"He just looked at her, and sat with her at the dinner table giving her all his attention, and even a job." Alana comments.

"Shit, she is going to go work for him? How do you feel about that? Do you think he will tell her who he really is?" Sr. responds.

"She starts Monday and was really excited about it. I don't think he will say anything, he has too much at stake. I am sure he just wants to get to know her. They have a lot in common. They are so much alike. I don't know how to feel at the moment, my feelings are everywhere. I felt so uneasy in front of his wife. This is the woman I screwed over." Alana replies.

"I think you are right, he isn't going to say anything. I don't think he would want to make trouble. This is a very complicated situation. Do you think his wife noticed? " Sr. comments.

"I did my best not to look at him, or make anything suspicious. I just can't believe my son is dating his daughter. That he has a daughter. The fact kills me, and even more that I know we had them at the same time which means he was screwing her as well. He loves her and I didn't listen, I just hoped he would love me, change his mind. I was so stupid." Alana cries.

"He did love you, Alana, don't second guess it. He just did what he thought was right for his family. I do have to admit my grandson falling for his daughter is fucked up but it is what is it. You two are going to have to just act as if nothing is different. Which now it isn't. You are not seeing each other now." Sr. says.

"He left me this note in my purse he wants to see me. He says he never forget me." Alana answers showing him the note.

"Aww, how nice of him. I am not sure what he is wanting but I think you should go." Sr. admits.

"Really?" Alana says.

"Yes, you need closure. The both of you do. You also need to discuss Lucia and also the Tom and Billie situation." Sr. replies.

"What if our feelings are still there? What if something happens?" Alana responds.

"Then they are. You also need to figure that out, you lived twenty years regretting it. Twenty years in pain. You longed for this man for so long don't you think its time to settle it?" Sr. acknowledges."I am not telling you to sleep with him, just to see what you want." he adds.

"What about Thomas? I did tell him soon as I could it was Luke. didn't keep anything a secret from him." Alana states.

"This isn't about Thomas, this is about you, and Luke. You made Thomas happy for an extra twenty years you didn't want to. To save Lucia from not having a normal life. She is twenty now she will have her own life. What do you want to do with yours? Do you really love and want my son? I don't want to see him hurt, but he always won by default and was happy with it for some reason. You go there tomorrow and do your best not to think about anyone but you. Listen to him, talk to him. Either way, it lands you need to let go of the past, or you will never be happy." Sr. comments.

"Everything you said is true, I just don't know what I am feeling. I feel hurt, and by Luke. He chooses her, he had a child with her." Alana answers.

"He did, but for many reasons. You two were put in a very tricky situation. He chose the safe side of things, as did you when it came down to it. See what he says then make your choice." Sr. replies.

"Should I tell Thomas about tomorrow?" Alana asks.

"No, if you do he will only get in the way. You know how he is. He did it the last time Luke wanted to talk to you. We both know if you got there instead of him, we wouldn't be here talking at the moment. He stopped it once, don't let him again. This time it needs to be your choice." Sr. answers.

"I see, can I stay here a little longer to calm down?" Alana asks.

"Yes, have a cup of tea and get your thoughts together. You know I am here for you. Whatever you need." Sr. responds.

Sr. knew what it was like to miss out on being with the person you love most. He would never get that chance but hers was sitting in front of her. He put all his feelings for his son, on the side, and gave her the advice he would give himself. There wouldn't be another chance after this, it was do or die. Either she sees she really loves Luke or she makes peace and stays with Thomas. They could both sit with each other and feel nothing at all, and both just go home to their spouses again. It was just something they both needed to see.