Chapater 133

Chapter 133

While Sr. goes back to his hotel room, Thomas stays with his family and goes walking the boardwalk, holding Alana's hand and making the night a peaceful one. Alana keeps her thoughts to herself for now, since their son is there with them.

They get some snacks, watching their son got on the rides, play some games, and just enjoy their night walking in the boards, with the smell of the oceans in the air. It is a beautiful night, and they loved being down the shore. It was one tradition they always seemed to keep.

"Next year we will have the little girl here with us," Thomas says.

"Yes, I can't wait. I want her to see everything. Her first little bathing suit, and getting to feel the sand on her tiny feet." Alana says with a smile.

Thomas sees that this child brings her happiness. He just wonders if its the child, or who the father is?

Alana drifts off, thinking about when she was talking to Luke, and how they talked about going down the shore. How he did every year as well, playing the games, and having fun. It was another thing they shared between them. It just hurts her, but she hides the pain, knowing there is no sense, things are not changing.

Thomas can sense she is off somewhere else, as he watches their son, on the rollercoaster. He sees her take a seat on the bench, looking in the opposite direction. He knows she has something on her mind, he just doesn't know what and is scared to even think what it may be. "Was she thinking about him? Was she missing him?"

Thomas walks over to her, taking a seat next to her.

"Is everything ok?" Thomas asks.

"Yes, I am just a little tired. Its been a long day." Alana answers.

"I will tell Tommy its time to go, we can do this again tomorrow. You need your rest." Thomas states.

"Thank you," Alana replies.

They walk back to the hotel, Tommy going into his room and they going into their adjoined room.

"Are you sure you are ok? It seems something is on your mind?" Thomas asks.

"What was your father getting at earlier? I tried to keep my mouth closed in front of Tommy, but your father was being really rude. What does he care what we name our child? Did you tell him something?" Alana replies.

"You know my father, he always says things in that matter. It's just him." Thomas responds.

"Thomas, did you tell him about the situation we are letting go of, that you say is in the past?" Alana asks.

"No, that is between us. Don't take what my father said to heart. he probably was just grumpy because you don't want my mother to take care of the baby." Thomas comments.

"I don't see why. She has Bobby to take care of, one child should be enough. I want to spend time with this baby like I did Tommy. Just because I will be working a few days a week will not change that." Alana answers.

"I know, I am sure things will be just fine. My mother isn't around much, she leaves him alone, he is probably cranky because of it." Thomas states.

"Not really, Thomas, I have seen him at his happiest with her not around. He just was an ass tonight. Your father doesn't seem to care that she spends so much time away, he seems more bothered when she comes home. You see how he is at the Sunday dinners. He is two different people when she is there, and not." Alana confronts.

"My mother and father's relationship is complicated. You know that. My father doesn't know what he wants." Thomas answers.

"Most relationships are complicated Thomas. I just feel your father is a better person when she isn't around." Alana replies.

"If you look at it, she is happier without him as well. I think that is why she spends so much time, away. She likes her freedom, with taking care of Bobby. During the day my sister goes to work, she is alone with the child, then they come home and she is on her own. My sister said she is happier. They even got closer. So I guess it's for the both of them." Thomas admits.

"And yet they stayed together all these years? For what?" Alana sighs.

"For the family, for duty," Thomas admits.

"Shouldn't they stay for love? Shouldn't there be more?" Alana asks.

"Love is great Alana, but there is so much more to a relationship. You know that." Thomas says.

"Yes, I do. Do you still love me, Thomas? I mean really?" Alana asks.

"Yes, If I didn't I wouldn't be standing here right now. I wouldn't have forgiven the past. It's not all out of duty for me Alana. I just learned that, when it was almost too late. I know you don't feel the same, I am not as blind as you think I am. I just hope in time, I can make you love me like you use to." Thomas reveals.

"I thank you, for everything you are doing." Alana remarks.

"You are welcome. We are rebuilding our family." Thomas answers.

"Yes, we are. She is kicking, do you want to feel?" Alana asks.

"Yes, I do," Thomas replies putting his hand on her stomach.

He feels the child kick and knows this is real. He just hugs her and hopes this goes in a better direction than his parent's marriage.