Chapter 75

Chapter 75

When the next day arrives, Thomas packs up everything in his own hotel room and heads home. Not really sure how to feel about what took place this weekend. Talking to Alana last night didn't make him feel better or even that things will ever change. If he was honest it just made him feel even more unsettled.

He sees she is pushing him away, making him sweat for all the years, he wasn't available for her. He knows if he wants to make it up, or at least show he is trying he will have to deal with it. He just doesn't know how much more of it he can take.

Being romantic and making an effort wasn't really Thomas's thing. He figured once he was married all that was over. He got the girl, no more trying. Here he was so many years later trying his best to start all over again, just to make her happy. And worse yet, it wasn't working.

Thomas gets in his car and drives home, just hoping that when he gets there, things will be better.

Alana gets up and goes downstairs cleaning up for the week. Getting all the chores done that was needed because she knew she wouldn't have time.

She misses Luke, and texts him, here and there knowing tonight his own wife would come home and she would have to stay silent because they would be celebrating Valentine's tonight. When she would think about it, it bothered her, she really didn't want Whitney that close to him. Alana just knows, he isn't hers, and it's no way to think. Just after sharing everything they did this weekend, she feels even closer to him, and if she is honest she doesn't want to share him.

Luke, just lays in bed doing his best to recuperate from the two days. He loved the days he spent with Alana. They made him feel alive again. He felt as close to her, as she did to him. He also knew this wasn't any way to feel and that this could lead to a lot of bad things. His feelings were getting in the way, he feels he is in over his head.

Knowing that Whitney is coming home soon, to share their own Valentine's together makes him feel guilty. It was the one thing he couldn't seem to shed, was his guilt. How was he supposed to look at her, after everything he just did? After how he feels about another woman?

All the things Brad told him in the past, about this going so wrong flooded his mind. He knew he was right, he knew he wasn't one to cheat and go behind someone's back. He had it happen to him in the past, and he knew how much it hurt, he didn't want to make anyone else feel that way, and here he was acting like a single guy. Running off for a few days, for sex and companionship.

Luke just lays there thinking about all kinds of things. Feeling this whole thing was a big mess on so many levels. He now loved two women and didn't want either of them to get hurt. He just saw that either way, one would.

Whitney texts him, telling him she is on her way home. It just makes him feel worse.

"Hey, I am almost home," Whitney says.

"K, What are we doing today?" Luke asks.

"I am beat, so how about some take out and a movie?"Whitney asks.

"I guess that will work. Are you sure you don't want to go out to dinner?"Luke replies.

"Yes, I am tired I am not really in the mood for that. I hope you didn't go overboard for Valentine's." Whitney says.

"Actually no, I didn't. I haven't done anything not knowing what you wanted." Luke responds.

"I am surprised, you normally go all out, where I am not sure what to do back for the occasion." Whitney states.

"I know your not into it, so I stepped back this year," Luke announces.

"Good, I think take out will be just fine. I am almost home. Then we can figure out what we are eating." Whitney responds.

"Fine."Luke comments.

Luke was so into spending Valentine's with Alana he didn't do anything much for Whitney. He knew she didn't like it and for the first time, didn't care. He had someone to do all the romantic things he wanted to with. It just confused him even more about this whole thing.

When Whitney comes home, they just sit on the sofa watching tv and ordering a pizza. Luke just stares at her at times feeling tons of quilt, when she touches his hand or smiles at him, the guilt just eats away at him. Even though this wasn't the relationship he wished he had, he still didn't want to hurt her in any way. He still sees he loves her and wishes things would be different.