Chapter 116

Chapter 116

After dinner, Thomas goes into the living room and takes a seat next to Sr. The women are in the kitchen cleaning up, and Nicole having all of Roberts's attention.

Sr. just stares at Thomas.

"Dad, what?" Thomas asks.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Sr. says bluntly.

"What do you mean?" Thomas replies.

"Is that your child? How fucking blind are you?" Sr. responds.

"Look, at the moment I am not sure. I have been after her a lot these last few weeks, so its a very big chance it is mine. I will not know until I see how far along she is." Thomas answers. " I am not blind, I see. I thought about it, what do you want me to do? Even if it's not mine, I am going to shut up and let it go. I want this to work, if I say something it's all over. She wanted to come clean, at the hospital I told her no." Thomas admits.

"You need to find out! YOu need to know the truth no matter what! Do you think she is going to let you know how far along she really is? That would be a dead giveaway, you dummy! You are going to have to talk to the doctor alone or let your PI do it for you. What hospital? And why didn't you let her come clean? Are you sure she even wanted to?" Sr. barks.

"First off, now you tell me all this shit, what about try to make it work? DOn't let people laugh at you? You remember all that dad? We went to the hospital because she fainted, her pressure was up. I know what to do to find out, I will have my PI look into everything. I still am paying him to watch her, and make sure He doesn't come back into the picture. I don't want her to come clean, it will screw up everything that is going on now. We are happy, she is trying. We are honestly better than we ever have been. This was an eye-opening experience, and I don't want to lose my family." Thomas answers.

"Yes, I remember it all. It just hurts and bothers me to see her do this to you. Even another man's child? The affair is one this, but this is a whole new fucking ballgame. If this child isn't yours, your going to be able to raise it? Not resent it? Not look at it and say it's that bastard? You are willing to give it our name and take it like it's yours?" Sr. grips.

"If I want things to stay like this, yes I will have to. Does it hurt me? Yes very much. Do I wish things were different? Hell yes! There just isn't anything I can do to change the past. I have to let go and build the family we have. I will have to do my best not to resent it, and to treat it as my own. Which in many ways it will be, he isn't here raising it, I will be. It will have our name and be our child. He has no claim to it, once my name in on the birth certificate." Thomas says.

"You are a better man than me, because I wouldn't be able to do it. If you are sure about this, I will be by your side, but only if you are sure. I know I don't want the people to laugh and god would they more than ever with this, but if you want out, do it." Sr. Suggests.

"I don't want out, we have come too far. We are honestly happy. I know I am. I should have done this so long ago when she said she wanted it. I should have opened myself up, I just couldn't then, I needed this to see and to know what I really wanted." Thomas admits.

"I guess you did learn from it. Ok. You will tell me if the child is yours?" Sr. asks.

"Yes, dad. I am sure we will find out soon, as I am going to let her have an ultra sound. I will want to be there for it, even though I know the PI will have to look into the results for me since the right ones won't be presented to me. I know she will find a way not to let me know the true months she is, if this isn't my child." Thomas says.

"Not to mention, she will be having this child earlier than, what she claims if she is already pregnant. She didn't plan it outright." Sr. states.

"She wanted to tell me, dad. I was the one to stop her telling her whatever happened was the past. I know she feels bad over it, and regrets it. I know it was a terrible thing, but she is hurting as well from it all." Thomas replies.

"She should, what she did was terrible. Now wanting to blame you for the kid? If she wanted to tell you and you stopped her, then your no better. So I really don't know what to say, besides she is hurting because He doesn't want her, not because of you." Sr. admits.

"Dad we are getting nowhere here. Lets just let it go for now. I know it all is complicated and I wish it never took place, but us going around it like this isn't fixing it either. I am tired of it all, and I need a break." Thomas comments.

"Ok, fine. I just hope you know what you are doing." Sr. says.

"I do." Thomas replies.