Chapter 138

Chapter 138

At the end of September, Whitney has planned her baby shower. She has been looking forward to this for months. She is super excited about it, and about everything lately.

Luke hasn't seen her like this in a long time, she has done a 180 in their relationship giving him everything he wanted and more. He just can't believe its happening, and still doesn't know what changed her.

Luke and Whitney head over to her mother's house where the party is to happen. Whitney goes off with her friends, and Luke stays to talk to Brad.

"These things are mainly for women aren't they?"Brad laughs.

"Yes, they are. For me, it really didn't matter. I am here to make her happy. You know I am better when I am not in large crowds." Luke answers.

'I know that all too well. How have things been going?" Brad asks.

"Very well, she is totally different in the last few months. She is family orientated, wanting to get the baby's room done, wanting to spend time with me, and even having more sex." Luke admits.

"That's great. So you really got want you wanted?" Brad says.

"Yea I did, I just don't understand what changed her all of a sudden? She even takes days off to spend with me, its been really nice. It's all I ever asked of her. I never thought she would do it, I gave up on that thought....even strayed." Luke replies.

"Is that all over?"Brad asks.

"It has been for months you know that. I never contacted her again, after talking to her husband. If she is happy and having a family with him, I figured to stay away. When I went away for that week, I did a lot of soul searching, and if I was going to get what I asked for with my wife, I was going to give it a real shot. That doesn't mean I forget about Alana, or don't still love her cause I do. I just saw this was for the best for the both of us. She hasn't come near me either, so I take it she got what she was looking for as well, or I sure hope she did." Luke responds.

"What about the so-called baby?" Brad comments.

"I am sure it has to be her husband's, if it wasn't I am sure she would have kept trying to contact me, or just would say it in an email or something. She let it go. So I feel she just wanted to say how she felt. I know she wanted to be with me, just we have too much in the way." Luke answers.

"Are you sure? I mean I think it's great you finally came to and figured out what you want. I have to say I was worried about you there for a while. You were so lost and out there. It's just you seemed to miss Alana so much and your sure it's over?" Brad states.

"Yes, I am sure. I know I was in a bad place then. It took me a while to get over it and move on. I still think about her as I said, I just know this is for the best. It's over. Whitney and I in a few months will have our own child. I am going to make this work, just like I planned on before I met Alana." Luke replies.

"Ok, good man, I have seen you been doing better at work to. So is a win, win. " Brad answers.

"Yea, I guess it is," Luke responds.

"We should go see the ladies before they notice we are gone." Brad comments.

"True."

Luke goes to Whitney and sits next to her as she opens presents, both acting as if they have the most wonderful relationship, and nothing ever took place.

Luke knows in his heart, he is here to do the right thing. She was carrying his child, she was giving him the family he wanted. He let his love and desire go, feeling it wasn't fair to let go of this now, not after he prayed for it for so long.

He thinks about Alana, hoping she is ok, that she is happy. That at the end of this mess filled with pain, that both of them, could have a happy life. With relationships that were fulfilling. Deep in his heart, he knew he could never love anyone the way he did her, he knew she was the one that got away. It just seemed that they were not meant to be. They had other families, other obligations to tend to. It was best to walk away, to keep their families intact.