Chapter 132

Chapter 132

Sr. goes into his hotel room not able to witness the crimes being committed to his son. This was all a bullshit, and Thomas was too blinded by love? Power? Winning? Or whatever he was thinking to see it. Where Sr. saw it all, and not in a good light. He saw himself so many years ago putting on a show, just to make things look good for the people and his family, as he always has. Giving up what he wanted most, always saying the affairs were just fun and games and never get serious in it. That was true for a long time, but that ended when he met Lily.

She was everything he wanted and more, she was beautiful, fun, smart, and most of all loved him for him. She gave him a love he never had or felt before, and for many years didn't even believe it was real, but it was. All too real if he was honest. She was the only woman he ever felt this way about, just life was cruel to each of them, making them both be with someone else. Both in loveless marriages, with no hope, of escape. Sr. Sits on his hotel bed and thinks of Lily.

She was a blonde, blued eyed, tall slender woman, he sees in his dreams every night. She was the woman he would go to his grave with love in his heart for. The one he pinned for, sobbed for, would now give up everything for, but time was cruel, and wouldn't let that be possible. She passed away years ago from cancer, leaving him yet again to pick up even more pieces of his heart. It was why now he was a miserable old man, lonely and cruel, and wanted everyone else to feel the same way. He couldn't help it, he hurt, why couldn't you?

Sr. thought he dealt with all of these years ago, just Thomas with all this brought everything back to the surface, he felt for Thomas. He was his son, he didn't want him to hurt and be abused by this. Even though Sr. was on the other side, this time he saw how it was to be the spouse to this, living with the pain, living with the denial of it all. He knew Loren knew, the truth, she always had. He just sees it wasn't fun for her either now. Sr. just couldn't help how he felt or what he wanted. He felt he stays with her, she should be happy and shut up. He just sees himself in Alana, staying, and still how Thomas is going through it all when it wasn't his fault at all. He did nothing to deserve this.

To see that Alana wanted to name her daughter after Luke, made things worse. Sr. knew this wasn't going away like Thomas hoped it would. Maybe Luke wouldn't come around ever again, but that meant nothing. He would live in her heart, in this child. She would always want to know what it was like to be with him, and Thomas would just be sitting by, watching it take place. He didn't understand why his son, would let this happen? He was stronger than this.

He knew he raised him to not make people laugh, to cover up the truth, but this was too much. Or maybe it was just the emotions and feelings it all brought out in him. The memories of a woman, he loved dearly. A love lost so many years ago, and never to be found again. Sr. couldn't fix his mess, he could never hold her, kiss her, or be with her again. Not like he wanted to, he would pray to her, light her candles, and have her in his heart, nothing could stop him from doing that. At times it just wasn't enough.

Sr. Lays in the bed, closing his eyes just looking back, memories bring smiles to his face and tears to his eyes.

"She didn't get what she wanted either." Sr. says to himself. "She is just as hurt as we were. Maybe sometimes love isn't all it's cracked up to be. Maybe it's better to be with someone you don't care about, they can't hurt you. I know you are up there saying that's bullshit Lily, but you know what we went through." Sr. adds.

He tries to calm himself down and get some sleep, knowing his son was right, he needed to chill out. He needed to let go of everything, not really of Alana, but of his own situation. It was over and had been for years. If Thomas wanted to be dumb like his mother and act like everything was great, so be it. Loren seemed to be happy all these years living a lie, her son would be the same.