Chapter 97

Chapter 97

The week flys by and Alana is still down and out but trying to move on. She goes to work, keeping to herself most of the day, not really engaging with customers or even Judy. She had nothing to say, her mind was working in overtime thinking about so many things. All the things she thought she would have, all the things she wanted, and had for a short period of time. It was all gone now, and things were back to normal. She was stuck with Thomas, was that her destiny? She made a mistake so many years ago with marrying him, and it seemed that was what her life was meant to be. She saw no hope at the end of the tunnel, she just felt empty and lost.

Thomas wasn't the worse husband in the world, just for Alana he wasn't what she wanted or needed. She now knew what it was like to be with someone special. Someone she could confide in, have a connection with, on more than one level. She also wondered if it was all just a dream? Did Luke mean anything he said or was it all just a fluke? Just both of them lost in the moment, lost in lust?

Alana was rethinking everything, her heart was so broken it was taking her a bit to get out of this. She never felt this way before, and swore to herself she would never again. No matter what the future held for her next, she would leave love alone. It wasn't worth feeling like this. Her marriage failed and her affair was no better. The two times she let herself go, she got burned in one way or another. She wouldn't do it again.

Every time she opens her phone, she remembers all the times they texted and called each other. All the pictures and fun things they shared. How happy she was to hear and talk to him. It was all gone now, every last part of it. She tried calling him, it goes straight to voice message. She knows he blocked her, and it hurts her deeply. How could he do this to her? Didn't he care at all? Didn't he see how she was hurting? Did everything mean nothing?

For Luke he felt horrible as well, he wasn't dealing with it any better. Just he would make sure he wouldn't go near her or contact her trying his best to let go of this situation and build a relationship with his wife. He does see that Alana is persistent. He knows how much she cares for him, and it only hurts him more.

He knows he shouldn't have started this when he wasn't sure about anything, he just couldn't help himself. He fell for it all, hook line and sinker. It was attractive how she talked to him, hung on every word, and made him feel like a man again. Whitney wasn't doing that for him, and even now if he was honest, she still wasn't. He just felt that for so many reasons, it was better for them both to stay with their partners. Tommy needed his real father, and Luke didn't think he could be one. There were so many complications, he wasn't up for the challenge.

He would sit in bed at night and wonder, how she was? If she would get over this soon? He just hoped she never felt he didn't really love her because he did. More than he ever loved any other woman before. Everything he said and did with her was true, he was himself, for the first time ever. He missed that most of all, not having to put on a show for someone. She accepted and loved him for who he really was, there were still times, he couldn't believe it.

For Thomas this week was hard, trying to put on a show of a lifetime, that he had no idea what was really going on. When in his heart he knew everything. He hurt more than he could reveal, just having to keep it all to himself. He just feels this was for all the times she begged him to stay home, that she wanted his attention and he was too busy with work to care. He thinks about all the things he missed with their son and special occasions. Its what also keeps him quiet with all this. He feels if he was only different back then none of this would be happening now. He blamed himself for most of it. Just hoping that if they could get over this hurdle, maybe in time they could have the marriage they both wanted, both getting to watch Tommy grow up and be there for all the new occasions that would be taking place. It was a hope in his heart, and the push to make him go on with all this shit that was taking place now. He felt this had to be for something.