Chapter 152

Chapter 152

Thomas still goes to see his father sometimes during the week to make sure that his parents are doing ok. The family dinners on Sunday only take place about once a month if that now. Thomas's parents are older and not really as into it as they were before. Thomas stopped going when Lucia was born, it was only once every two weeks or so he would go, trying to make his own life with his own family. As the time went on, it got less and less for family dinners.

Loren prefers to stay with Nicole, taking care of her son. Sr. preferred being alone. At first Sr. cared that Thomas and his family didn't come every weekend, but after a bit, he enjoyed being alone. Making his own plans and even going out spending time with one of his wife's old friends. Just it not staying friends, he enjoys her company and enjoyed seeing her. Sr. had his own life going, and didn't care what his kids did anymore. Everyone was getting their own life, everything changed in many ways.

Loren tries to come home at least once a month to have Thomas and his family over. Wanting to see her grandson and Lucia, with her getting older that was getting less. She didn't care about Sr. she knew he was a snake in the grass, she knew it their whole marriage there just wasn't much she could do about it. She stayed and dealt with it, not making others laugh at her or know the truth.

Today Thomas wants to stop over his parent's house to see if his mother will be home for Sunday dinner or they are passing this month as well as last. Thomas sees a big change even more lately than before. He sees his father is more like Alana than he wanted to admit. He also sees that Sr. had no right in saying much about Alana's affair, he was no better. To be honest, he was worse. Alana did it once with someone she fell in love with. Sr. was a repeat offender all of their marriage. Thomas disliked Sr. for this. He held it against him even more now, knowing what this felt like. He just sees himself in his mother. Which makes him sad.

"Hey, Dad. I thought I would stop by to see if we are doing the family dinner on Sunday?"Thomas asks.

"Yea I think so. It probably will be the last one for a long time though son." Sr. Admits.

"Mom getting tired?"Thomas asks.

"Yes, you can say that. Your mother's health isn't doing too well. It hasn't for a while." Sr. Admits.

"What is wrong dad?"Thomas asks.

"Not sure, she had to take comes tests this week, so we should find out. Your sister took her to the doctors to see what is going on. They really didn't tell me much, as you know me and your mother are not very close. Your sister will have more information for you. Your mother and I really don't talk much, she just comes in when she wants to see you and the kids." Sr. States.

"Dad after all these years couldn't you make it work? couldn't you do better by mom??" Thomas snaps.

"I know you blame me for all this, but it wasn't all me. She wanted to live with her sister. She wanted away. We just are not compatible." Sr. answers.

"I guess not when you are fucking everyone. Her best friend? I mean really, you think she doesn't know?" Thomas replies.

"It was long before this Thomas, we are not like you and Alana. We can't put things in the past. We didn't want people to laugh at us, or talk. So we did it this way. Your mother was always a cold fish. Not only in sex but just our relationship in general. She has her own skeletons in the closet." Sr responds.

"Yea blame mom for everything. At least Alana said she was sorry for what she did in the past, she made up for it all these years. She never did it again she kept her word." Thomas says angrily.

"Alana was in love with another man, one she feels could never be replaced by you or anyone else. Its why she never cheated again. It doesn't make her better if anything it makes her worse. Your wife throws herself into her work to get other things off her mind. Do you really think all these years she forgot?" Sr. asks.

"Its always someone else, never about you dad. You will judge her when you are worse than anyone. The shit mom has put up with all these years and it wasn't even just the cheating. ITs just you, the way you treat her, the way you talk, act. Nothing was never good enough for you." Thomas responds.

"I was with someone I didn't really want to be with. I know all too damn well, how your wife feels! " Sr. barks.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Thomas asks.

"I loved like her once, she holds my heart. It's something you never get over. Something you can't let go of. She will be a part of me till I die, no matter who I am with." Sr. admits.

"Then why didn't you just leave?? That way maybe you and mom could have been happy?" Thomas snaps.

"Because god took her away from me. He took the one person I loved more than anything away from me." Sr. comments with tears in his eyes.

"You are ratched you know that? And what about this woman your fucking around with now?" Thomas asks.

"She is very nice and we have a great time together. I do not love her, or anyone. But it's nice to share time with someone, she doesn't have the past that me and your mother does so it's a fresh start." Sr. says.

"I am so glad I am nothing like you." Thomas answers.

"No your like your mother. It's why Alana did what she did." Sr. replies.

"Your a bastard of an old man," Thomas responds.

"And your point is?" Sr. answers with a chuckle.

Thomas just gives him a dirty look, as he heads out the door. He feels sorry for his mother as he knows what all this feels like. His father was in love once? Thomas couldn't see it, Sr. didn't love anyone but himself.