Chapter 115

Chapter 115

It's Sunday afternoon, and Thomas is on cloud nine, not able to wait to go to his parent's house for dinner. He knows all of them will be there today including his sister, her husband, and the new baby. It was his chance to shine and tell them he was having another child. For some reason even knowing there was a chance this child was not his, he still was very excited about it. He just tries to push the idea of it not being his in the back of his mind.

All of this has been a lot of stress on him, watching his wife cry and be miserable over another man, was killing him inside. He saw how much she loved him, missed him, wanted him. It just baffles him, that she is even trying to make this work with him. Then he remembers, it's only because Luke gave her up.

Just another thing he pushes behind him, trying to live in the moment. Trying to enjoy the family he got back, no matter what the reason or cost. This was his family, his wife, Luke wasn't man enough to step up to the plate, but Thomas was.

Thomas takes his family to his parents. Alana a bit nervous to go, but doing it to keep Thomas happy. She knew this meant a lot to him and she felt obligated to keep him happy since he was changing so much. There were times she just couldn't believe this was Thomas. He was attentive, sexual, loving all the things she wanted him to be before all this mess took place. Just now there was one thing, all his changes were great, but she still didn't love him, or even desire him the way she did Luke. She doubted deep in her heart she ever could because half of her heart belonged to Luke and would always stay there.

They get to the in-laws Thomas walking in holding her hand and being the proud peacock. His mother just looks at the hand-holding and stares at the Sr. who pretends nothing is different since he knows the truth about it all. He just sees that Thomas is playing his role, to make this work. He just wonders if he is really happy with this, or if it's just all a show?

"Well, what the hell has gotten into you two," Nicole says bluntly not able to hold back.

"Nothing is it wrong to want to hold my wife's hand?" Thomas answers.

"No, but that's not you. I never saw you be this close. Are you ok Thomas?" Nicole asks.

"I am fine. Alana and I are closer than ever, we want our marriage to survive through it all." Thomas replies.

"If you say so." Nicole laughs.

"Whatever floats your boat." Loren answers.

"We have something to announce, and I am glad you are all here for it," Thomas responds.

"What promotion did you get now?" Nicole asks, knowing how Thomas is with his work.

"It has nothing to do with my work. It has to do with my family." Thomas comments.

"Ahh did Tommy win another softball game?" Loren asks.

"No, Alana and I are going to have another baby," Thomas answers proudly.

Nicole laughs. "I have a baby, so you now want one to up me brother?"

Sr. just looks at Thomas in shock and a bit confused. His mind wondering all sorts of things, just keeping them to himself.

"I am so happy for you both."Loren answers.

"Thank you mother, and no Sis not everything is about you. It just kind of happened." Thomas states.

"I never thought you two would have another child. Tommy is sixteen now in two years he will be out of the house, and you two are starting over again." Nicole responds.

"It will keep us young. I am very happy about it, I wanted it for a long time." Thomas answers.

"What about you Alana you're pretty quiet through all this." Sr. asks.

"I am happy too, it just took me by surprise but as Thomas says its a good one," Alana responds.

Sr. just stares at her, and then at her belly. He doesn't see any stomach yet, so she couldn't be too far along.

They sit down to have dinner, and things go just like normal. Just Sr. can't wait to get Thomas alone. He had so many questions. Sr. just watches through the dinner, how Thomas smiles and is happier then he has ever seen him. He just wonders if his son is seeing the bigger picture or is just in his own fantasy world. He knew his son was a smart man, a well-educated man. Could he be this blind when it came to his wife? Sr. knew he told him to make things look good and keep things under wraps but now even he was wondering if that was a mistake.

Was Alana making a fool out of his son? He watched Alana how she just went along with Thomas. That Thomas would do most of the talking and she would stay quiet. Sr. hated her for hurting his son and going against him, it was something he would never forgive. In many ways, he wishes he didn't know what was going on.

They continue on with dinner, everything acting as if things are great. Nicole showing off her own son, Bobby Jr. Loren being the douting grandmother to him.