Chapter 169

Chapter 169

Alana goes upstairs and crawls into bed. Her body hurting from being forced against the wall and entered without any lube. Yet that didn't hurt her as much as everything Thomas said tonight.

Thomas hit a lot of nerves when he said, she didn't leave because she was scared it wouldn't have worked. He wasn't lying. That was a fear she had, that it was all something she just wished but not something that would be. She lived all these years in wonder what would have been? What could have been? It just left her with days she was so sad and felt empty. Empty with the life she had, and wonder for the one that could have been.

She lays there and wonders how Thomas knew the things he did? Where she and Luke met, where they had sex. How they had sex, could it be? Thomas lived with all this information all these years. She knew he was hurt, and she did that to him. She never meant for any of this to happen. It was just all a big mess. She didn't even hate Thomas for tonight. She just knew he finally let out everything he was holding in for so long. They both were.

They both said they let go, they forgave, but in the back of their hearts, it always remained. Luke would always be a part of Alana's life, and the affair would always be part of Thomas's.

Alana doesn't know what the future holds, she knows tonight was ugly, filled with pain and hurt. Could they get over this? Did they want to? Were they trying to hold on to something that wasn't there?

Alana lays in bed, just sobbing. If she was all honest with herself she didn't even know what she wanted. She lived so long like this, it's all she knew.

Thomas lays on the sofa getting some sleep but not a lot. He wakes up remembering some of what he did and said. He knows he went too far, even though he is filled with such hate and anger. He knows he shouldn't have done what he did.

He knows that a lot of what he said probably left Alana with a lot of her own questions, like how he knew everything he did. All these years of holding it in, and holding it back, just flew out all at once.

Maybe it was time to just be honest, to just say all the truth, holding it in was just making things worse. It just all built up, and let out all at once.

Thomas still loves Alana, their marriage, their family. Just with the hurt and pain of his mother, everything was coming to the surface, all the things he always let go of, or at least tried to.

He sits there rubbing his head, just trying to wrap himself around everything that took place. Could he fix this? He knows telling her Luke didn't want her, was a low blow. It was just something he said to make himself feel better. He knew Luke did have feelings for Alana, but he did walk away trying to make his own marriage work, and for the sake of his child. Thomas saw that even how hurt he was, that was still one thing he kept to himself. The child, he knew that would hurt her deeply, he could have used it, but he didn't.

Thomas gets up and works his way to the kitchen, getting himself a cup of coffee. Still, a bit dazed and confused, he saw he needed to stop the drinking. His head was splitting from the pain, and it wasn't doing him very much good. Only getting him into trouble.

Thomas knew he needed to try to get himself together before heading upstairs to see how much damage he really has done. If he was honest with himself, he was scared. He remembers pinning her against the wall and taking her. Hurting her, being rough with her, and it was all on purpose.

"How could I stoop so low?" He asks himself. Rubbing his hands over his face. "Will she ever forgive me?" He adds.

He takes a sip of his coffee, looking around at the cold, empty house. Without her and his children, he had nothing. He fought for so long not to lose them and with one night, he could have just lost everything over a man that wasn't really even in the picture anymore. Over something that happened thirteen years ago.

What the fuck was he doing? Letting Luke win anyway by destroying everything he worked so hard for these years. For what? Jealously? His wife's words replay in his ears, "I kept my word and never cheated again." He knew she was telling the truth, he had to stop this.