Chapter 98

Chapter 98

That Sunday they head to Thomas's parent's house. Alana not really wanting to go, but she does to keep the peace. She knows all week she was out of it and was trying not to show just how screwed up inside she really was. It was just getting harder and harder for her each day.

Thomas is happy she is going, it makes him have hope and see at least she is making an attempt. He sees she is pretty quiet still, but he just overlooks it.

When they get to his parents, Alana goes into the kitchen just taking a seat at the counter. She starts cutting the veggies for the salad as she does every Sunday. She just stays quiet.

Thomas stays in the living room with his father, who is most curious about the weekly events. He knew what happened and wanted to know if this would make or break them.

"So how are things going?" Sr. asks.

"Not sure to be honest. She is like a zombie at times, she spent three days in bed, not moving, eating, or talking. You would think someone died for christ's sake." Thomas spats.

"Well to her someone did. When she walked in here you can see she isn't herself at all. What happened to the spunky woman she used to be?" Sr. says.

"She is broken, he fucking broke her. I can't believe it, dad, I really can't. I try not to think about what is really going on, how she is mooping around from another man. What the fuck did he have? There were times we had fights, and shitty times, I never have seen her life this EVER!" Thomas answers.

"She never felt like this before, you are lucky he dumped her Thomas. If we are going, to be honest, if he didn't and wanted her, you would be in deep trouble. From the looks of it, she had every intention of being with him and starting a life. He was the one to stop it, you got really lucky." Sr. admits.

"Do you think I don't know this? Don't see this? She came out of her room like a zombie, she goes to work and comes home just wanting to go straight to bed. I stop her, and try to get her to eat, and interact. When I Should be blasting her and telling her to get the fuck out of here!" Thomas snaps.

"You can if that is what you really want?" Sr. asks.

"No, I don't, its why I am putting up with all this. He is out of the picture, and things will heal. I want to try to work on this and make it what we both want this time. I do know I had a lot to do with it, its why she went this far. I just can't help to be angry." Thomas states.

"Angry? Hell, I would be furious! The only good thing about this is, no one knows what really happened. It's only on the inside, which is you and me. I will never tell and neither will you. No one is laughing at you or knows your business. Keep it that way." Sr. suggests.

"I intend to!"Thomas answers.

"Your sister and her husband are coming to dinner, don't let on to anything or talk to me about it when they get here. We don't want them overhearing anything. Her fucking husband doesn't need to know anything, its bad enough she made him part of this family." Sr. snaps.

"They are still together its been months they been married," Thomas says.

"Yea, their child should be born very soon. Actually in a week or two. Its why she is coming over today. Your mother is very happy about it too. She has shut up about Robert, she just wants her grandson now." Sr. replies.

"Good, it will give mom something to do, and maybe leave the rest of us alone. She will have another grandson to bother." Thomas responds.

Robert and Nicole come in the door. Nicole with a glow all over her and a full-term belly. She goes into the kitchen wanting to show it off.

"Hello everyone! How are you?" Nicole says.

"Oh my baby, you look radiant."Loren answers.

Alana just tries to give a smile but stays quiet.

"When is your due date?" Loren asks.

"Next week, I can't wait to finally have this baby. It's getting very uncomfortable. You are coming for the birth right mother?" Nicole asks.

"Of course, I will come to stay with you for a few also to help with the baby. I can't wait to see my new grandson." Loren answers.

"It won't be long." Nicole says.

Alana just continues to cut the veggies, not paying any attention to what is going on. If she is honest, she really doesn't care. None of this meant anything to her. It was all a show and a game. She knew Loren hated Robert, all the things she said and did, now pretending everything was ok. Its all this family ever did, was pretend. She was no better, doing the same right now, sitting here cutting the fucking veggies when she rather be anywhere else.

They all sit down to dinner, and all Nicole can talk about is the baby, and getting ready for him. Thomas just sees Alana picking at the food, not fully there in anyway. Sr. notices the same, since he put his mind to it, to watch her. He knows his son, has a lot to get through, she was in no way his, anymore. She was miles away, thinking about someone else. The person she rather be with, the life she rather have. Sr. knew this was going to be a long road, once Thomas might not be up for.

"Alana are you ok? You have been extremely quiet tonight?" Nicole asks.

Alana doesn't answer.

"Alana?" Nicole says.

"Sorry, I have a lot on my mind from work, and I haven't felt too good. I haven't all week." Alana admits.

"I hope you feel better soon. Will you be coming to the hospital to see the baby?" Nicole asks.

"I will probably be working. I will see it afterward. Plus I still don't feel right and I wouldn't want to get the baby sick." Alana answers.

"Oh, yea true," Nicole replies.

Thomas seeing that she wants nothing to do with this, and used that as an excuse to get out of it. He just sits there seeing how she can lie through her teeth. It just eats away at him.