Chapter four

Chapter 4

At the end of the day, Alana is walking home, she hears a notification from her phone. She sees someone answered her post in the group and quickly goes to take a look.

"Hi, I'm Luke if you message me I can tell you want to do to fix your son's computer."

Alana sees the post and sends Luke a message.

"Thank you for answering me, my son needs his computer up and running for school."

She leaves the message and with no time at all passing, Luke messages her back.

"Hey, no problem, if you can tell me exactly what is going on, I can try my best to help you out." He answers.

"He told me that it just froze up on him, he tried rebooting it won't work," Alana responds.

"Ok, first thing unplug it." Luke states.

"I am just getting in the door from work, Give me just a second," Alana replies.

"Take your time, I am sorry to bother you, do you need time?" Luke asks.

"No, it's fine really. You don't know how I appreciate you trying to help. I have it unplugged and on the table." She replies.

"Its really not a problem it's pretty much what I do for a living." Luke answers.

"Really? That's great, it must be cool to know how to do all this? " Alana says.

"It's ok, It's a bit of a headache and murder on the eyes if I am honest. What do you do for a living?" Luke asks.

"I am a Vet Tech part-time. I love animals so it's the perfect job for me. I am sure it does bother your eyes, it does for me too when I am at work looking on the computer for a while." She comments.

"That's a great job, we have two dogs. My wife loves animals as well, they are spoiled rotten." Luke responds.

"We have three cats, they were strays and we took them in. My friend Judy works at the vet with me, she told me they needed homes, and I couldn't help but take them. They are pretty spoiled too, it's nice to see when they are. It's a shame when they are abused." Alana answers.

"I know, too many are. Ok, so it's unplugged? You did try the control alt delete?" Luke asks.

"Yes, we pretty much tried everything."

"Ok, before I tell you to do what I am, I want to make sure you hold down the on/off button to shut down?" Luke states.

"I did."

"Ok, then flip the computer over gently and remove its battery, keep it out a few minutes then place it back in, and see if you can then shut down," Luke advises.

"Will do that right now, thank you." She replies.

Alana does exactly what Luke tells her to do, step by step, she sees now she can turn the computer off again.

"It's working." She says.

"Great, now reboot and see if it starts normally if it does clean out your cookies and run a virus scan." Luke states.

"Will do, I think I will print his report before doing anything so he gets that in case this dies again." She chuckles.

"That's a very smart idea." He replies.

"Thank you so much for your help again. It was very nice of you to take time out of your night for me." Alana answers.

"Oh please it was nothing, I would be all alone anyway with nothing to do. You actually gave me something to look forward to." Luke admits.

"I know that feeling. Isn't your wife home?" Alana asks.

"No, she is at work, she is a nurse and works long hours. We don't see each other very much at all if I am honest. I wish she wouldn't work so much but she is very dedicated. I let her be as free as she likes, I just think its robbing our marriage. Are you married?" Luke confesses.

"Yes, I am married for fifth teen years, I understand how you feel. My husband is away on a business trip. He takes more and more trips paying more attention to his work than to anything else. I sometimes feel we don't really even have a marriage." Alana explains.

"I feel that way at times, I am alone most nights, I have my own hobbies but it would be nice to spend more time with her. To be more intimate with her. She never seems to have the time, or want to. "I'm tired." I get a lot." Luke admits.

"I have had my own hobbies for years now, we never really spend that much time together. When I do ask he says I am complaining again. I was just telling my friend today how I see other couples together holding hands, being close. I miss that. I miss the connection, the intimacy." Alana responds.

"We still have that, just not as much, we only been married ten years. I do still love her very much, it just sucks at times. Like you, I want the connection more. I guess I have no right to really complain though, we have it good otherwise. I always knew she wanted a career, I stood by her for that and on everything." Luke explains.

"That would be nice to have even at times, we don't have it at all. I just started going back to work, he didn't really want me to. He wanted me to stay at home with our son. He is fourteen, he isn't a baby anymore. He doesn't need me like he used to."Alana states.

"We don't have any kids, her career always came first. He should let go a little bit but everyone believes in their own thing. It's nice you got to stay home though, most don't get that option." Luke responds.

"Oh I know, I am glad I did, I wouldn't take it back. Just now I would like to do what I would like. You know? Sometimes I feel I am missing out on some things. Don't you want to have any children?" Alana admits.

"Not really, it's not a big thing. If she wants one, I am sure she will say something. We are only thirty-five so we have time, but honestly, it wouldn't be a big deal if we didn't have any. Do you want more?" Luke asks.

"I did when I was younger, but he wasn't around to be there so I thought better of it. I think I am good with just one." Alana responds.

"You said you felt you were missing out on things? May I ask what?" Luke says.

"It's kind of personal, but I guess since we are sharing, it would be ok," Alana replies.

"Whatever you feel comfortable with. No judgment here." Luke answers.

"Besides the connection and intimacy, I would like my husband to be more open with sex," Alana admits.

"There isn't anything wrong with that, I would think he would enjoy that. It's something you can share together, bring you closer." Luke comments.

"You would think that, but he is set in his ways. He wants to do what he likes, not really what I want." Alana states.

"You may have to show him, initiate it." Luke offers.

"I asked to try new positions, he isn't really into it. He likes his way. I would love some foreplay to .......at least get me going, before the act itself but it doesn't happen." Alana confesses.

"How about if you get into the position you want? Show him, it should surely get him going. Put your hands where you want his to be. Sometimes men don't really know what you like, you have to tell us and show us." Luke remarks.

"If only it was that easy. Plus I am not sure if I have the courage to do something like that." Alana admits.

"If you want it, you're going to have to go get it, ask for it. Take it. I am still not sure why he wouldn't want you to." Luke answers.