Chapter 195

Chapter 195

Alana's heart falls when Luke walks out of the vet, her mind races. Do I let him go? Do I tell him how I feel? If he goes this is truly the end.

Alana runs out the door and up to Luke." Stop.....Please." She says touching his arm, with tears flowing down her face now it being hard for her to hide her true feelings.

Luke turns around seeing her cry, he knows she still loves him just the same, he grabs her putting his arms around her and she falls into his arms, sobbing on his shoulder.

" I love you, I have all these years. I never wanted anyone but you. I don't want to lose you again." Alana says with tears flowing.

"You won't I'm not going anywhere this time. Nothing is going to get in our way." He answers as he wipes her tears. His light touch across her face.

"Please don't go." Alana answers.

"I'm not. Let's get some lunch and talk about our daughter." Luke suggests.

"That sounds good. I will lock up the vet and we can find a place." Alana says.

Luke now knows when he got here it was all an act, so she wouldn't get hurt again, but he got through her walls. This time he wouldn't hurt her, he wouldn't let her go. He sees how hurt from all this she still is to this day. He knows he would have to prove himself.

Alana locks up the vet, then takes his hand and they go a few doors down to a pizza joint to have some lunch. They take a seat, and Luke holds her hand at the table while they talk.

"Our daughter is beautiful and very smart. As soon as I saw her I knew she was mine. She is So much like me." Luke states.

"Yes, she is. She amazes me every day. She is excited to come work for you." Alana admits.

"I am excited to have her, I want to get to know her, and help her any way I can," Luke says.

"We can't tell her she is yours." Alana confides.

"I know, at the moment we just keep things quiet. I want to get to know her. This is even more complicated than the first time around." Luke admits.

"Very much so. I have my son to think about too and your other daughter. Plus Thomas and Whitney. Telling Lucia you're her father, hurts all of them." Alana says sadly.

"I know, I am not sure what is going to happen with Tom and Billie but I do not want to be the reason they part. They honestly care about each other, which makes this more difficult." Luke comments.

"Yes, I don't want to get in their way either. I still have resentment, If I am honest. I know that's not fair at all but when I found out Billie was yours all I thought about was that is why you stayed." Alana reveals.

"I am not too fond of dear Thomas either. Billie was innocent, you know that. She was a child in the middle just like Lucia. I do understand how you feel, I just don't want you to hold it against her." Luke says.

"I understand it's just a hard situation. I'm not even sure how we could be together now." Alana replies.

"We will be, things are complicated but we will make it work even if it means we never tell Lucia the truth. We can just act like we just met now and happen to fall in love."Luke suggests.

"If it was just that easy. Thomas knows the truth, and you would really leave Whitney now?" Alana asks.

"It can be that easy. Thomas wanted to play the hero, he will continue to. In the end, he did win, she thinks he is her father and there isn't much I can do. Yes, I would leave Whitney, there isn't much to leave. We have nothing, I just realize it all now. Would you leave Thomas?"Luke admits.

"I don't know. I feel awful this time. He has done so much, we have become friends, our marriage isn't like before. I don't want to hurt him." Alana states.

"Thomas did it all for himself, he wanted to win and for all these years we let him. I am grateful he took my daughter and treated her well, that part was big of him, but then again he saw it as a way of holding on to you. He used it for his benefit to keep his family together. The sad part is I can't hate him for it." Luke answers.

"As much as I love you, I can't just jump back into your bed for a few reasons," Alana says.

"And those being?" Luke asks.

"First I don't want to hurt Thomas, but mainly I'm scared you will disappear again. That I will fall so deep again and off you go. That you will choose her again over me." Alana admits.

"I understand, I have to prove myself and I will. I'm not going anywhere this time. Your stuck with me. I know what I want, and I'm going for it, no matter what it takes." Luke says with a smile.

"I sure hope so. You were just going to walk away about a half-hour ago...." She responds.

"I know I walked out, all I saw was pain inside you that I caused. It hurts me as well, but I was on my way back as you came out after me. I will only walk away now if that is what you truly want me to do?" Luke says.

"I don't want you to go away, I don't even want you to go home," Alana replies holding his hand. "But I will need time," Alana adds.

"That's fine with me, I can build up our trust level. I'm not going anywhere I can stay for a while even if it's just walking around the stores and hanging out. I'm in no hurry to leave." Luke replies.

"Good, cause I want you to stay," she answers.

A Chance Encounterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें