Chapter 171

Chapter 171

The rest of the morning is pretty quiet, Thomas got ready and went to work, and Alana stayed home still trying to process everything Thomas just told her.

He knew about the child? It hurts her deeply to know he did, that all these years he lived with that truth and never said a word. Thomas always treating her as if it was his own daughter. She knows that had to hurt a lot. She also knows Lucia looks a lot like her real father, so that must of just added to the pain.

Alana sits there on the sofa, reliving those years. All the things Thomas knew, that took place with her and Luke. She now understands why Thomas has been acting the way he has been lately. She doesn't think she would be able to deal with all this if the tables were turned around.

She also sees how manipulative Thomas can be holding it in but at the same time using it to his advantage, so she would stay. He used it to hold her down. This whole situation was a big mess from the start. Could they really ever have a good marriage? Where they pass that? Was too much damage done?

They had years that were ok, both of them just trying to push along and make it work. Both wanting to make it good for the kids, and the people around them. If they were to make it work this time, it was because they really wanted to between themselves.

After all these years and all the pain Alana still felt love towards Luke, she just knows that is a hopeless wish. Her real-life was with Thomas and always has been no matter how she wanted or tried to change it. Luke was her fantasy, Thomas was her reality.

Thomas goes to work and just takes a seat at this desk, feeling a lot better than he has in weeks. Getting all that off of his chest feels good, the truth was out. All the secrets he kept for years were finally out in the open. It felt great, just at the same time, the pain of Lucia not really being his remained. She was his in so many ways but one. He just knew that was the last thing he needed to let go of. It didn't matter. The child loved him, and he loved her. He was happy that Alana said she wasn't going to tell her. He just knew in the future the child would need to know the truth. Would she hate him, for keeping her real father away? Not only from her but also from her mother? Nothing about this was easy, One little affair grew into one giant mess, that has them all dealing with for years.

Thomas just feels that maybe now, even though all this there can be some peace with them. He had to let go of all the resentment. Luke was the past, he only remained in his thoughts as the real Luke hasn't surfaced in years. He let go, now it was time for Thomas to do the same. If they were ever going to really be together they would have been. Luke was with his own wife and child. He moved on, now they needed to as well.

Even after all these years and all this, Thomas still loves Alana and his family. It's what keeps him going.