Chapter 159

Chapter 159

The next few months go by fast and are hard on Thomas. He spends a lot of time at his parent's house even more so than his own. Now both parents relying on him. Sr. likes that he is there as much as he is, even not minding that his own life is on hold at the moment. Sr. is behaving, a bit not making any of his actions suspicious. He will visit his girlfriend only once a week, staying a short time, then heading right home.

Sr. knows his children feel he was never there for their mother so he is trying to not be a playboy at the moment in front of them. He sees everything that his wife is going through, even though they have their differences he feels sorry for her. There just isn't much he can do. When his children are not there and head home, and the nurses come, he will sit with Loren and watch tv, or read her a book. They actually have gotten closer through this. The closest they ever really were.

"Did the kids go home?" Loren asks sitting up in bed, as Sr. feeds her some soup.

"Yes, they went home. They are both exhausted from all this." Sr. states.

"I know, I wish they didn't have to watch this. It bothers me so. I just rather be in my own home than a hospital." Loren answers.

"I understand and so do they. We wouldn't want you to be anywhere else. This is your home." Sr. responds.

"I know you rather be anywhere but here Thomas." Loren comments.

"Not really, at the start, I felt that way. I won't lie but now we have been getting along and been closer I like it. It's sad in a way it had to happen like this." Sr. Admits.

"Things just kind of got in the way we weren't always this bad. We had some good times. Just as we got older we seem to grow further apart, and I held a lot against you." Loren replies.

"I wasn't the best husband, but I wasn't the worse either. I cheated, you know about it all. You pushed me away, and I needed that love, I needed someone to look at me and want me." Sr. Admits.

"I know. I didn't care about that, I cared about her. I know how you felt about her Thomas. That is what hurt, not that affair." Loren confesses.

"You haven't called me Thomas in years. I'm sorry, I really didn't mean to hurt you. I never left you though, or our family." Sr. replies.

"Because it would have been a lot and you didn't want anyone laughing at you. Then again I guess you would have had the woman you really wanted. Or I guess you didn't because she died and you couldn't have her." Loren spats.

Sr. is hurt by that statement. To relive the woman he loved so much's death killed him inside, just at the moment he didn't want to hurt the woman sitting in front of him. The woman who was dying in front of him, who gave her life to him all those years. For the first time in his own life, he didn't want to be an ass. He bites his tongue and holds in his real thoughts.

"Going over this doesn't fix the past. I just want you to know I am sorry, and I do appreciate everything you did for this family. I will be here till the end if that is ok with you?" Sr. says.

"That sounds nice, it has been nice that you are here. I don't have much time left, and there isn't any point in holding grudges now. I want to make peace with everything I have, even you. I think it's a good thing for our children to see us getting along too. They will need you when I am not here. They only see us as two grumpy old people at each other's throats." Loren laughs.

"The hell with them, like their relationships are any better than ours." Sr. Laughs.

"I never thought Alana would stay with Thomas, I thought she would have left for the other guy," Loren admits.

"Wait, What?" Sr. says.

"I'm not blind or deaf Thomas. I know she cheated as well, I just acted like I didn't know just like I did with you. He seems to really love her, and they made it work. They did better than we did. I do know it hurt him deeply, I also know he had his part in it. He just wised up and fought for what he wanted." Loren states.

"At what cost? He got the girl on default." Sr. answers.

"So did I. He just accepted it and is happy with her having a good marriage and family. Where I held it over your head, and it made our marriage fall apart. Maybe his way was better." Loren comments.

"I think either way wasn't a good thing. I saw more of what I did to you when she did it to our son. I am sorry for that. But at least you didn't have your eyes closed, where I feel his were and still are." Sr. states.

"I guess no matter what why you go in something like this, no one wins." Loren answers.

"No they don't and someone always gets hurt." Sr. replies.

They Sit there and Sr. continues to feed her. Talking about the past and everything they missed out on, everything they shared. It was a good night, among the bad, Sr. knew it was coming to an end.